Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2007-07-11 14:33:29

Hermit Brad

Radio Reception and Emotion

I'm not one to listen to the radio often, I rarely do, in fact. When I do listen to the radio, I notice that my EMF (Electromagnetic Field, Aura, whatever you want to call it) interferes with the reception (I'm usually in a bad, or at least an unbalanced mood). Almost every time I turn it on I have to move it around and even when I do that, if I move about my room, it interferes with the reception. Today I was in a particularly good mood and turned on the radio with no problems.

Feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Hermit Brad (2007-07-11 14:34:31)

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros

#2 2007-07-11 21:41:43

Capitan

Re: Radio Reception and Emotion

Ive gotten the same thing, that if I am walking around the room by a radio sometimes the signal will go out.  I can find certain locations where my body will kill the signal.  I have also found sometimes that I can hold on to the antenna and pick up stations that will not pick up with the antenna alone.  I played with it once and found I could actually tune into different stations depending on how far up the antenna a grasped.  Why this happens I can only guess it has to do with some little studied or publicized Electromagnetic effects of the body.

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

#3 2007-07-12 14:15:47

Tom Paine

Maybe it has something to do with your mood, but more than
likely it's because you are becoming an extension of the
antenna by grasping the antenna. 
Sticking an antenna wire into a watermelon also helps reception.
Connecting the antenna to a water pipe also helps reception but
presents the danger of lightning frying your receiver.
Notice the watermelon connected to the equipment in a scene
from Buckaroo Banzai...

#4 2007-07-12 14:23:30

Hermit Brad

The thing is, for me anyway, is that the radio I speak of is a clock radio and has an internal antenna(?) I also walked by and moved around the clock radio that I have in the bathroom, which also usually causes reception problems, and there were no problems.

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros

#5 2007-07-25 01:59:32

Antaeus

I notice that my EMF (Electromagnetic Field, Aura, whatever you want to call it) interferes with the reception (I'm usually in a bad, or at least an unbalanced mood). Almost every time I turn it on I have to move it around and even when I do that,

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but start laughing as I was reading your post.  I was relating to it; picturing myself in a foul mood while turning the radio on, then trying to adjust reception only to have brief instances of good reception, while it, for the most part continued getting worse.  Then images of scenes from the movie "Godzilla" came to mind with high tension wires and transmission towers getting ripped from the ground.  All the while maintaining a meaningful grimace and a terrible frown. 

I have a cheap radio at work and the volume control doesn't work properly.  I set volume to a reasonable level, and after about 20 minutes or so, it jumps up real loud, and when I turn it down, it goes down too low.  I'll have three different things going on while I'm trying to get the stupid radio to act right, and a co-worker will add to it by telling me to take a phone call, or help take care of customers.  I think I have finally developed a peaceful coexistence with the radio.  I just look at the radio and think, "what an attractive radio it is" and think a smile at it.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Board footer