Re: Ron Paul for President?

and...  Just read "Nesara's" endorsement of RP as one of their good guys.   Say no more.  Ditto.

NESARA is carrot-on-a-stick disinformation. It is designed to keep you perpetually tantalized with fabricated conspiracies and empty promises.

Anyway, take a look at these results from various counties during the Iowa caucuses:

County         Winner           Paul                Ratio Winner/Paul

Hancock               257                50                           5.14
Monona               117                 20                          5.85
Story                   1848               561                         3.29
Decatur                116                44                           2.64
Des Moines           431                103                         4.18
Palo Alto               76                  23                           3.3
Plymouth              304                101                         3.01
Wapello                 568                96                           5.91
Keokuk                 166                 56                          2.96
Washington          115                 285                         2.48
Henry                   374                 90                          4.16
Van Buren            108                64                            1.68
Davis                    149                54                           2.76

These ratios are what you see for all other Iowa counties, except one:

County         2nd Place           Paul            Ratio 2nd/Paul

Jefferson               263                 298                   .88

The counties surrounding Jefferson have an average ratio of 3.33 ... yet Jefferson itself has ratio .88 which is statistically very improbable that it would differ so much. I see two possible explanations for this:

1) Jefferson county has an unusual population type. Evidence is that, "ARDA religion survey for Jefferson County, Iowa - shows heavy weighting in "unclaimed" group, likely relating to a large number of Transcendental Meditation practitioners living in Fairfield and Vedic City, and the presence of Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield."

or

2) The voting was rigged, but with so many counties one managed to slip through unedited.

Either possibility is interesting to contemplate.

If the voting results are honest, then it further shows why democracy is ridiculous. I wish votes were weighted according to awareness and intelligence, even a simple multiple-choice test that shows you understand where the candidates stand on various issues. Because if voting is a choice, how reckless it is for a completely uninformed choice to be worth as much as an informed one.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Lyra wrote"I don't say this with the hopes of swaying you or anybody to vote for Ron Paul - I myself don't vote, and am not even registered to, nor will I ever be"
It must be nice to be so disconnected.  As a disabled vetern I have no respect for anyone who does not try to make a difference in this country.  Lets just sit around waiting for the great ascension feeling spritually superior to the lowly masses fruitlessly cluthcing their pathetic bumper stickers and signs.  Register, Vote or shut the hell up!

124 (edited by lyra 2008-01-04 23:07:33)

Tinker wrote:

Lyra wrote"I don't say this with the hopes of swaying you or anybody to vote for Ron Paul - I myself don't vote, and am not even registered to, nor will I ever be"

It must be nice to be so disconnected.  As a disabled vetern I have no respect for anyone who does not try to make a difference in this country. Lets just sit around waiting for the great ascension feeling spritually superior to the lowly masses fruitlessly cluthcing their pathetic bumper stickers and signs.  Register, Vote or shut the hell up!

Probably explains the left ear tone I had going around the time you posted this to me.  wink  Always seems to happen when somebody hones in on me in attack mode, picking a fight.   

So, getting on with things:

1.  I don't believe in a "Great Ascension."  In fact I actually once had an article on my website challenging "2012 and the Ascension," telling people to stop being complacent and waiting around to be rescued by Jesus, aliens, or some ascension shift that may never happen.   So make sure you actually know your opponent before guessing and assuming things about them.  It weakens your whole argument when it turns out you were grossly wrong.  (Here, let me help pull your foot out of your mouth....)

2.  I don't care whether you have respect for me or not.   I don't post to please you and try to earn your respect.     

3.  The "disabled veterans" thing, as unfortunate as that is, doesn't have anything to do with the argument at hand.  That's a manipulative/guilt tripping appeal to emotions.   

4.  As far as "feeling spiritually superior to the lowly masses" goes - Unless your opponent actually said the words you're claiming, then you're putting words in their mouth, and it automatically discredits your argument.  There's really no way to take your post seriously by that point.

5.  I do make a difference in my country, but because it doesn't involve offering myself up as cannon fodder for the elite's manufactured wars and illegal invasions, or voting in rigged elections, you probably wouldn't understand it.

[Note:  rest of post deleted after thinking on it.  in the end it won't be worth the explosion that will result.]

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

This is the best video that there IS on NESARA...that voice is trippy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQfcGSkeNU

I really hope this isn't real...And I really, really hope that Sherry Shriner isn't right about NESARA.

Tinker wrote:

As a disabled vetern I have no respect for anyone who does not try to make a difference in this country.  Lets just sit around waiting for the great ascension feeling spritually superior to the lowly masses fruitlessly cluthcing their pathetic bumper stickers and signs.  Register, Vote or shut the hell up!

[youtube]Hp4iI59BfpQ[/youtube]

127 (edited by proto 2008-01-04 23:19:33)

Tinker wrote:

It must be nice to be so disconnected.  As a disabled vetern I have no respect for anyone who does not try to make a difference in this country.  Lets just sit around waiting for the great ascension feeling spritually superior to the lowly masses fruitlessly cluthcing their pathetic bumper stickers and signs.

Is that so?? You tell the vets that make up a large percentage of NYC's homeless population that. You tell me (and them) who failed who. I think it's utterly disgusting for a country to not take care of those who risked their lives (in made up wars) and have them beg me personally for some change and for some cigarettes because the country, for some reason, just ran out of cash to take care of their vets. 

Tinker wrote:

Register, Vote or shut the hell up!

I did once in 2004 and I feel like I partially sold my soul to the devil. Never will I vote again. Not much has changed since the middle ages (or any age for that matter) on how they handle people, just more toys and more charades (i.e. democracy). Remember that.

In response to morningsun76's video, I just have to say: holy s***, are we (America) that...dumb?? Invade other countries? Haven't we learned ANYTHING from vietnam, iraq, etc?? Or are we content with our fat asses, strolling along a sunny day, oblivious and "la-la-la, everything will be fine, the gov't knows what's best for us, yay" like these people in the video?  EEKK!!  Maybe I should move to Argentina, haha.

Also, the next time I see my dad,  I will thank him for teaching me geography when I was 6 years old. haha.

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."
– Carlos Castaneda

I think it's likely that if Sherry Shriner is validating Nesara as a "real opponent" and not just an internet scam, then are her intentions and her work any more valid?  Her whole belief system and her own exalted place in it, is too perfect a set up for these kinds of phony conflicts.  "Literalist Bible thumpers Vs the wicked New Age."   She throws every and all metaphysical concepts and organisations together (real or phony is irrelevant to her, she validates them all as devillish attacks on the children of God) and she opposes everything from her extremely narrow POV.  Her sincerity has to be questionable.  Her approach is a carbon copy of the Roman church and it's centuries long tirade.  It is so old fashioned and divisive that you'd have to ask if SS and her "church" are not just another intelligence front, clouding the issues as much as possible.... keeping it "simple and traditional" (read: controllable) and attacking their own straw men and whoever else threatens the main game.  For that purpose, straw men like Nesara are created to "knock down" (possibly created by the same backers as SS) and "down" go those people who Nesara "endorse".  By co- incidence... enter Ron Paul.   Oh no!  Gadzooks! it can't be true!  Don't tell me Ron Paul's been a front for the intergalactic interests of evil aliens trying to decieve the elect!  Thank God Nesara told the truth about their association with Ron Paul!  It's shattering!  Oh well i s'pose this belated exposure by our Prophet saves our great nation from the likes of him.  Just in the nick of time too! 

News Headlines... "Prophet and True Patriot exposes wolf in sheeps clothing!"

Of course this is just speculative on my part but just business as usual to the black hats.  It's a tired old game.

Disclaimer:  RP may or may not turn out to be someone else's agent.   I hope not and don't think so.    But if he is it sure won't be for the non- existent Nesara.

you know...i'm really amazed at the fact that persons can have such a view and opinion on who other people should vote for, despite the fact that they dont vote themselves. I admit that I have times felt that the political situation has failed me, perhaps still do...but even though the political situation is complex or maybe even rigged, I still decide to vote. And I vote on terms that "appear" realistic. The reason I have appear in quotes is because we do live in a highly controlled media world, and that candidates that should get their voice heard simply can't. I do agree that there is a censoring of certain candidates; Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich for example.

It's ridiculous.
It's unfair.

But when looking at a country-wide population that is controlled by media, can you really expect a vast majority of these persons to spend time and research investing on a candidate whom they've heard so little from? Furthermore and regarding Ron Paul, can we simply put a vote based on beliefs that he's not NESARA or he's not faction controlled or he's not Illuminati or even that he's not related to Cheney? I might even be related to Lyra when it all comes down to it. Personally I think these are concepts that belong in the rumor mills. But since I believe this forum is a free exchange of opinions and information, one should not be shut down and be called "dopey" for thinking otherwise. We have so many opinions, and what pisses me off more than anything are those who post links or talk and talk about the uselessness of getting involved in "mainstream" politics or selling their souls to the devil.

As much as we'd love to live in 4D, we're still a part of current reality. There are real world issues that need to be addressed in the current place we're in. My question is for those who decide not to vote...is this about non-violence or pacifism? And if neither are these are the answer...then, "what are you doing about it?" One can talk and one can blog and link and what have you...but seriously...why remain so dis-attached? Sure most of us are aware of free energy, aliens, and 9/11...but that's not ALL we believe in.

Lastly, I want to express that I remain largely unaware of why so many people support Ron Paul. I understand that he's a constitutionalist and a libertarian to some degree, but from watching what debates he's been in (unfortunately not as many), i just dont see the appeal. Sure there's his opinions on the federal reserve and the war in iraq and drug issues, even free market. But has he really declared that he would change any of this?

Perhaps I havent watched EVERY youtube post that persons have linked, but the ones i've watched are about opinions. But what makes him different than some of the other candidates?ALL of these candidates are about TALK. Maybe in the end, nothing has really changed.

And that's the sad part..., IMHO not voting just "allows" a candidate to win or lose, but in the end we can still vote; take a proactive stance and Hope.

If you would like to compare and contrast the presidential platforms and where each nominee stands on hot button issues check out:

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

On the Issues web-site presents every political leader on every issue.  No BS, No Alien Agendas, No Ads, No Nesera, NO Sherry Shriner!

Abortion
Budget & Economy
Civil Rights
Corporations
Crime
Drugs
Education
Energy & Oil
Environment
Families & Children
Foreign Policy
Free Trade  Government Reform
Gun Control
Health Care
Homeland Security
Immigration
Infrastructure & Technology
Jobs
Principles & Values
Social Security
Tax Reform
War & Peace
Welfare & Poverty 

Site Map
Home
(Main page)
Issues
(Presidential quotations
organized by topic)
Candidates
(Presidential quotations organized by candidate)
Recent
(Most recent quotation
for each candidate)
Issue Grid
(Summary by topic of each candidate's positions)
Candidate Grid
(Summary by candidate of positions on each topic)
Archives
(Debate and book excerpts)
Senate
(Senate races in 33 states)
VoteMatch
(Presidential Selector and Political Affiliation 20-question quiz)
The Forum
(Your views on the
candidates and the issues)
SpeakOut Issues
(Policy background)
News
(Latest headlines
on the Presidential race)
About Us
(About OnTheIssues.org)
Letters
(Other viewers' letters)
Low-graphics version
(No ads, less Java)
Write Us
(Your feedback to us

Millenium wrote:

If you would like to compare and contrast the presidential platforms and where each nominee stands on hot button issues check out:

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

On the Issues web-site presents every political leader on every issue.  No BS, No Alien Agendas, No Ads, No Nesera, NO Sherry Shriner!

Yeah thats not gonna happen , bullshit is the most important issue unfortunately. I think we should have the potential presidents compete in a football competition since thats the only thing people seem to care about these days.

Regime change starts at home!

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_smalllogo.gif

133 (edited by lyra 2008-01-05 14:20:04)

fr0gdance7 wrote:

you know...i'm really amazed at the fact that persons can have such a view and opinion on who other people should vote for, despite the fact that they dont vote themselves.

"Persons".........as in, lyra?  wink  Since I was one of the people saying that I'm not registered to vote and all.
I kind of suspect that you feel this way only because I posted my observations about Obama back on pages 5 and 6, inspired by your endorsement of him.  I'm sure if I'd been like, "Yeah, I'm not going to vote myself, but seriously, Obama's the one people!  He's it!  If I were to vote, he'd be my first choice!!!!!" then you probably wouldn't be saying this right now.  oh well.

I can't speak for others, but I for one am not telling anybody who they "should" vote for.   Vote for whoever you want to.  But I do have opinions on the candidates, and I've been following along with election happenings.  Just because somebody isn't going to vote - because they believe that things are not what they seem - doesn't mean they're not allowed to form an opinion on the matter.  I've gone on record here saying I'm kind of secretly rooting for Ron Paul, but I've called him the lesser of all the evils, and criticized that he doesn't go into his interviews fully prepared with facts and figures and studies and reports that he can cite off the top of his head, and comes across as a kindly sweet little old man who means well, but lacks that special "oomph" of power that other candidates have.  I have criticisms about all the candidates.  But I'm NOT telling anybody who they "should" vote for, I wouldn't do that. 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

......or he's not Illuminati or even that he's not related to Cheney? I might even be related to Lyra when it all comes down to it.

But the fact that Obama *is* related to Cheney is important....no?  That does give one pause and makes one have to question whether people like David Icke and others were right all along when they kept telling people that presidents are SE-lected, not E-lected, and that the candidates with the most bloodline genetics always win.  I understand your point in that people shouldn't just vote for Ron Paul merely because he supposedly isn't related to Cheney and the rest, but the fact that Obama is related to Cheney is worth mentioning.   And apparently there were people here who were not aware of that and appreciated hearing the information.  A lot of people don't know about the whole bloodline connections thing, and not just with Obama, but with all the candidates going back through the years.  It's interesting stuff, and me mentioning that was an opportunity to talk about that. 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

Personally I think these are concepts that belong in the rumor mills. But since I believe this forum is a free exchange of opinions and information, one should not be shut down and be called "dopey" for thinking otherwise. We have so many opinions, and what pisses me off more than anything are those who post links or talk and talk about the uselessness of getting involved in "mainstream" politics or selling their souls to the devil.

Who was shutting who down, calling them dopey?  I haven't read every single word of this thread, but offhand I don't recall you or anybody else being "shut down" or called "dopey."   My opposing viewpoint on Obama back on pages 5 and 6 had nothing to do with you personally, if that's what you're referring to.  It was inspired by your post, but I never mentioned your name, or even indirectly targeted you.  It was strictly my observations about Obama based on the South Carolina speech I had listened to.  And I definitely didn't call anybody names for having their opinion.  !!!  So, just because somebody posts an opposing viewpoint doesn't mean you need to take that as being "shut down."   You even said that this is a forum of free exchange.  That's a two way street.  You post your views, others post theirs.  There shouldn't be a problem unless people start name calling and personally attacking people for their views, citing them by name and insulting them, which I haven't done. 

Also, you don't see the Ron Paul supporters in this thread claiming that you in turn were trying to shut THEM down by posting a pro-Obama stance.  So, come on now.  wink

And I have to ask, why does this piss you off?  !!  Politics really does get people hot under the collar.  It's so true, that phrase "Never discuss religion or politics" blah blah blah.  I mean, look at what gets people "pissed off" and fired up here at NR.   Religion, Jesus, Christianity, the Jews/Zionism, etc.....and politics.  The Ron Paul/2008 election thread, going on 10 pages now with somebody claiming that they're pissed off about the viewpoints that others have expressed! 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

As much as we'd love to live in 4D.....

Well, speak for yourself because I'm not shooting for 4D.  !!   And neither are a lot of other people on NR based on various posting comments and threads over the years. 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

There are real world issues that need to be addressed in the current place we're in. My question is for those who decide not to vote...is this about non-violence or pacifism? And if neither are these are the answer...then, "what are you doing about it?"

Biding my time until the system collapses, in case it does in my lifetime, while researching in the meantime for alternate options for living outside the system.   Because I'm not convinced that we can get rid of the power structure in place, due to the nature of what it is and who's involved, so all we can do is try to find our own personal way out and ways around it all - slipping out the side door - and let it just collapse in on itself.   

But that probably won't go over too well with those who believe we can simply vote our way out of the mess this country is in.  The entire infrastructure of this society is completely messed up, to be fixed would require being turned completely inside out.   

And while it's true and possible that one particular candidate holds the key to the stepping stone of some Big Change, I'm not going to count on it, and I'm going to be looking to slip out the side door and remove myself entirely, if possible. 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

One can talk and one can blog and link and what have you...but seriously...why remain so dis-attached?

Maybe those who "talk and blog and link and what have you" are also people trying to set themselves up away from the main system, preparing themselves and slipping out the side door, and are trying to help as many others as possible become aware of what's really going on, and do the same if they're receptive and inclined?  Just a thought.     It may seem like they're just being "dis-attached" keyboard warriors who talk a lot of talk but do nothing, (which is what it seems you were implying) but, you can't be sure what people may be doing on the side in their real world lives away from the computer.   The internet may just be one extension of the overall work they're doing.   

fr0gdance7 wrote:

Perhaps I havent watched EVERY youtube post that persons have linked, but the ones i've watched are about opinions. But what makes him different than some of the other candidates?  ALL of these candidates are about TALK. Maybe in the end, nothing has really changed.

Well, for me, I did say on the previous page that what sets Ron Paul apart from the other candidates is that at least he answers the questions being posed to him.  I'll give him that.   He may lack that personal power oomph thing and not be fully prepared with facts and figures and citations, but, he answers the questions he's asked in a way that appears sincere.  One of the biggest irritants for me in watching that Democratic speech thing in New Hampshire from September was the way in which the candidates had a minute and a half or something to answer a question, and danced around them or flat our red herring'd their way off onto a completely different topic altogether. !!  It was NUTS. Christopher Dodd was the worst offender, followed by Hillary.  And I haven't seen Ron Paul do that.  He methodically answers the questions posed to him.  He doesn't red herring, he doesn't straw man, he just answers them, from the interviews that I've seen anyway.  He was grilled on "The View" for instance about his anti-abortion stance, (as a doctor who's delivered over 4,000 babies according to him, he can't in good consciousness endorse abortion when his job has been to bring life into the world, he explained.)  And Joy Behar kept needling him about it, trying to paint him into a corner, and he just kept methodically plugging away at her questions.  He didn't dodge them or try to change the subject or tiptoe over it.   And I think people notice that and like that.   In fact, by the end of the interview Joy came away looking like the idiot, very contradictory and knee jerk emotionalism. 

fr0gdance7 wrote:

IMHO not voting just "allows" a candidate to win or lose, but in the end we can still vote; take a proactive stance and Hope.

Well, if you say so.  But I definitely disagree, as evidenced by my above comments.  We're all entitled to our views though.  You have yours, I have mine.  So I just agree to disagree.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

Well, at the risk of sticking my neck out there....Im 50yrs old, and Ive never voted ( except occasionally in local gov't).  You know why? Because there has never been a candidate that has EVER impressed me!  As far as Im concerned, its all rigged anyhow.  As far as local elections where I live, maybe occaisonally I will vote, but only if I feel its someone that might make a difference.   So hey, if someone doesnt want to vote or does, its their perrogative, whatever floats their boat.  Just my 2 cents worth!

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

Just voting is not enough we have to get involved to ensure that the election process is fair and no rigging is involved.