1 (edited by lyra 2004-08-23 08:08:53)

Topic: Steven Spielberg's "Taken" Miniseries

Hi all,

Not too long ago I mentioned that I had been watching the series "Taken" on DVD and wanted to do a write up on it.   Has anybody here seen this series?   We FINALLY finished watching the last episode last night, so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts / observations on this series, and see what everybody else has to say. 

The reason I wanted to watch this series and do a write up in the first place is that it concerns me that we have a movement in this society to promote the idea of aliens as positive harbringers of humanity's future, "the next step in the evolutionary ladder."   Peruse the aisles of any New Age section at any bookstore.  How many books do we see that reflect that attitude?   Too many.   It's such a load of nonsense.  There's nothing positive about abductions.  And the truth is, in the United States, many MANY abductions are actually done by the Military, who uses alien "screen memories" to mask the true culrprits behind the encounters.  Look closer at the many supposed victims of "alien" abductions.   See if they in fact actually have a military connection happening in their family.   Look at the many supposed "UFO" sightings that people report.  Betcha anything there's a military base within 50 miles of the sighting.   Does this mean that I believe that aliens don't exist?   Nope.   But I do believe that we're NOT getting the full story, that's for sure.   They're sorta kinda leaving out half the story. 

Technical Aspect -

As far as actual plot execution, dialogue, and the technicalities of filming and editing are concerned....I have to give the series as a whole bad marks.   When you read the reviews on IMDB.com, you'll see person after person saying that this series just draaaaaaaaags by the end.   They're right.   The last 4 episodes, which equates to 6 hours of movie, could seriously have been condensed into half of that.   It's hours longer than it needed to be.   Many scenes are full of empty filler and pointless dialogue, with absolutely nothing of importance going on.  Entire scenes could have been chopped out, because they added nothing to the overall story.   It was like they were commissioned to do a mini-series, but didn't have enough material to fill it up.  Also, the "made for t.v." music that plays throughout every single scene gives the series an element of corny cheesiness.   Did a lot of embarrassed cringing while watching it, like, "AHH!  That's so cheesy..."    The dialogue was a little unrealistic too in many scenes.   Could have been the actors, could have been the script, it's hard to tell.   The end result is that the product doesn't match up to what you think you're going to get by judging the DVD covers and reading the DVD description.

So, techinical aspects aside, here's the nitty gritty.   I'm not going to describe the plot of every episode because I don't have time for that.    I'm going to do just focus on the disinformation spin or overall "questionable" aspects going on, and point out what stuff may actually be right, and stuff that was very interesting and cool.   For those that are interested to read up on the actual plots, I'm including a link which summmarizes each episode:

http://www.cbc.ca/taken/episode_guide.html

Disinformation and Cool Stuff:

- Aliens can make themselves look like anything they want to, using the victim's memories to take on the form of someone meaningful from the victim's past.  

Interesting.  Hadn't heard this one before, although it does sound very 4th density-ish.

- An alien from the Roswell crash escapes, hides out in a barn in Texas, takes on the form of a human male, and winds up hooking up with the human woman who finds him hiding in the barn, resulting in an alien hybrid half breed child.

Uhh....okay.   Interesting way of trying to portray the alien breeding program.  Would have been far less corny to just have the woman get abducted and implanted and put back in her home, the way it supposedly really happens.  But again, they needed plot filler, and this fills up waaaaay more plot and tugs on the ol' heartstrings more than the more straight forward accurate version would have done.   

- We get to see technology behind the scenes at Groom Lake military base in Nevada in the 1950's, and it's decades ahead of what the public was seeing, thanks to the reverse engineering efforts on the crashed Roswell wreckage.   Also a scene showing recovered alien bodies stored in fluid at military base, being viewed by a partially obscured JFK.

Thought this was pretty cool.  Liked the scene which showed the Stealth bomber coming in for a landing in the desert and you see all the military guys with their '50's haircuts and 50's automobiles.  Cool contrast.   Very Nexus-Magazine.   This seems very realistic.

- Pretty much all of the abductees can somehow remember their abductions without the aid of hypnosis.

Considering that most of the population needs hypnosis to remember anything about their abductions, I found this pretty questionable.  There is only one instance of hypnosis being used in the entire series to dredge up memories, and it happens around episode 6.  Everyone else though just somehow remembers their abductions.   

- Abductees have implants up in their nasal cavities. Their purpose is to be tracked by the aliens for future abductions. The Government later on in the series also gains access to tracking these abductees and locating any abductee in seconds with just a few quick hits on a computer keyboard.

Addresses the implant issue.   It's a major aspect of the series.  In the series, the implants look like these small round metal ball things, and appear on X-rays up in the nasal cavity / brain area.   Many implants in reality are supposedly silicon-based, DON'T show up on X-rays, and look like long slivers when extracted.  (Whitley Streiber, despite being a disinformation agent, does have an interesting book on the subject of removed implants.)  The thing I mostly had a problem with was that throughout the series, different abductees' implants would spontaneously fall out in a nosebleed when the aliens were done with them and no longer had a use for them.   I don't believe this happens in real life.  But I could be wrong! 

- The "key" members of the series, the Keyes, are able to fight back during their abductions, which sets them apart from everybody else that gets abducted.   Three generations of Keyes men get violent and start throwing punches or grabbing guns and shooting everything up whenever they're taken.  This makes them of interest to the aliens who want to know why they can do this when everybody else can't.

In real life I really don't think this would happen.   "Aliens" and the military have everybody on lock down during an abduction.  You can't move, you can't do anything.    You're screwed.  On a side note, the character of Jessie Keyes is followed and harrassed by the aliens who want to understand his genetic reason for being able to fight back, and use him as the focus of a breeding experiment due to this.  Jessie = Jesus / Jesus genetics, Keyes = Keys.   Keys to the special Jesus genetics / bloodlines.   Just a thought.   

- Scene showing grosteque, disfigured hybrid misfit twin talking about how he and his twin saw "hieroglyphics" in their minds as children, and equated it with Egypt.

Linking Egypt to Aliens.   The usual Alternative Egyptology spin.  (read "The Stargate Conspiracy.")  There's been a HUGE movement over the past 30 years to link up Egypt, Mars and Aliens.   Some of this is said to be perpetuated by the gov't.   But why?

- One of the characters, Tom Parker, is initially skeptical about aliens, an active alien debunker who theorizes that alien abductions are really in fact being done by the U.S. military and that the whole "alien" thing is just a cover, a fabrication to hide what the military is doing.   He's later debunked, of course, and that puts an end to THAT "crazy" idea of his.  Silly man!

Self explanatory.  I don't even need to point out that this was the series' way of trying to debunk the idea of MILABS, which is in fact very real.   More real than alien abductions.  In "Taken", there is no room for MILABS abductions.  It's all alien abductions, all the time. 

- Quick reference to the "Majestic 12" at the very beginning of Episode 5.

M12 may or may not be true.  According to William Cooper, of "Behold a Pale Horse,", M12 is disinformation.  Who knows.

- Aliens are shown "protecting" two of their abductees who are targets for their breeding program, Jessie Keyes, and years later,  Lisa Clarke.  Jessie Keyes is repeatedly plucked from death situations -- most notably, Vietnam.  Lisa Clarke is saved from gov't. agents who are coming after her one night on a deserted city street, and also later rescued from dying during childbirth.

Portrays the aliens in a nice, cozy light, acting as if they can have concern for us (when it suits their agenda, anyway.)   This is the beginning of "mixed signals" in the series concerning whether the aliens are good or bad.  However.......This struck a chord with me.   The fact that Jessie Keyes basically can not be killed, even during Vietnam, hit a little too close to home for me.   My dad. a lifelong abductee who once gave a report in highschool at age 16 concerning the secret underground bases in the Adirondack Mountains, couldn't be killed in Vietnam either, or ANY situation for that matter.  He also had an up close and personal experience with a "UFO" on a military base in Vietnam.   A "UFO" appeared over the base one night, off the radar, and guess who happened to be standing underneath it, of all people on the entire military base?  My dad, and one of his buddies.   When they scrambled jets to go after it, pfffoooot... it was gone.   I myself have followed in his footsteps in regards to the "invincibility factor".   So hasn't my brother.  So THIS aspect of the series almost made my hair stand on end.

- Charlie Keyes and Lisa Clarke are abducted and mated together to produce more alien hybrid offspring.  They're complete strangers to each other, and later meet up and figure out that he's the father of her daughter.

This was interesting ......reminded me of the "Alien Love Bite" scenario as written about by author / radio speaker Eve Lorgen, where people are abducted by aliens, mated together, then put back in the real world, where they then later meet up by 'chance."     

- Blonde haired, blue eyed super "Indigo" hybrid child, Allie Clark-Keyes, is produced by mating of Lisa Clarke and 3rd generation abductee Charlie Keyes.   

Allie = alien, Keyes = bloodline keys. Allie is the personification of the "Indigo" child, the old soul in a kid's body, wise beyond her years, talented, intelligent, mature, sweet, full of morals, bursting with latent super psychic abiltiies, and perfect in every way.  She's presented in the series as a hope for humanity, and even referred to as "the next step up in human evolution."   There's one scene showing her at age 3 at an aquarium, and all the dolphins gather to the edge of the tank to see her, hovering in formation.  She's mystical and has powers, and even the dolphins can sense it! They could not have BEEN more flagrant in their pro-alien agenda and portraying the hybrids as a super positive, amazing good thing. 

Those are the highlights.  Hope it's not too long.   Then again, it's a long series, and there's a lot of material to sift through!  smile   I tried to keep it short, considering that the series was 15 hours long.    Any and all feedback is welcome!

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

2 (edited by aaronfirebrand 2004-08-22 22:58:53)

Re: Steven Spielberg's "Taken" Miniseries

lyra said:  "Aliens can make themselves look like anything they want to, using the victim's memories to take on the form of someone meaningful from the victim's past."
I've heard of this before. I don't know the common term for it, but it's come to my attention several times. I think there are references going back millennia. Michael (No 'W') Smith had a song on his first album called Demon Lover which dealt with this very thing. (For a gentle, humorous folksinger, Michael sure sang a lot about vampires and demons.)
I missed Taken when it played on TV. I have developed a real distrust of Spielberg over the years, and have mixed feelings about watching his stuff.

arronfirebrand wrote:

lyra said:  "Aliens can make themselves look like anything they want to, using the victim's memories to take on the form of someone meaningful from the victim's past."
I've heard of this before. I don't know the common term for it, but it's come to my attention several times.

I've always understood it to be called "screen memories".

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
------
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
------
If you spin around on your chair really fast, things around here will make a lot more sense.

lol

screen memories. yes thats it.

ive heard of this before as well. it doesnt seem so far fetched that 4d entities can tap into your subconscious and pull things out from there. heck, even some psychics can do this.

the Taken series is great, you must understand that it has to be appealing to the masses, and thus loses some validity in hopes of gaining more audience. in other words they change some of the things to make it more 'hollywood'

but you noticed some very interesting significances with the Names of the 'key' characters (pun intended)

the series does explore the many important aspects of this entire UFO/ET phenomena, such as the MJ12 disinfo bit, and the genetic lines of abductees (it is said abductions tend to follow a family tree)

one question; (a bit of a spoiler, so skip if u want)
-----
what about the part where Allie 'fakes' the entire UFO landing and such into everyone's memory ?
this part was way off the charts in believeability, dont u think ?

Scene showing grosteque, disfigured hybrid misfit twin talking about how he and his twin saw "hieroglyphics" in their minds as children, and equated it with Egypt.

Linking Egypt to Aliens.   The usual Alternative Egyptology spin.  (read "The Stargate Conspiracy.")  There's been a HUGE movement over the past 30 years to link up Egypt, Mars and Aliens.   Some of this is said to be perpetuated by the gov't.   But why?

yes. there is major connections between Egypt (and other ancients) and Mars, Venus, and certain Stars, namely orion. I saw a diagram of the Pyramids, and their outward chambers were pointing (at the time of egyptians) outward towards orion on one side, and to another star on the other side... geez i wish i could remember which one it was.

developed a real distrust of Spielberg

howso? speilberg is the man when it comes to bringing controversial government-hushed awareness to the public.

of course i understand some of his work is 'overseen' by government officials, namely Close Encounters... so that leaves room for twists and 'disinfo' but overall i think its a good thing he makes these kinds of movies.

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'

Hi Zonabi, (and Auendove and aaronfirebrand.........)

zonabi wrote:

one question; (a bit of a spoiler, so skip if u want)
-----
what about the part where Allie 'fakes' the entire UFO landing and such into everyone's memory ?
this part was way off the charts in believeability, dont u think ?

Yeah, that was a bit over the top!   That was the craziest thing in the entire series.  It takes the phrase "suspension of disbelief" to a whole new level.  wink 

zonabi wrote:

yes. there is major connections between Egypt (and other ancients) and Mars, Venus, and certain Stars, namely orion. I saw a diagram of the Pyramids, and their outward chambers were pointing (at the time of egyptians) outward towards orion on one side, and to another star on the other side... geez i wish i could remember which one it was.

Yup, am familiar with this.   There are numerous books on the matter, most notably, "The Sirius Mystery", by Robert Temple, and another by some other author called "The Orion Mystery."   Also, Goro Adachi explores this in some depth both on his website (www.goroadachi.com) and in his book "The Time Rivers".   And Richard Hoagland is a major player in the Monuments on Mars / connection to Egypt movement, and has a book on this as well.

However..............

New information has come to light that shows that things are not always what they seem to be within the "Alternative Egyptology" crowd.   Alternative Egyptology refers to anything that makes a connection between Mars and Egypt, to the point of making things fit and match up that don't actually fit or match. 

I used to believe whole heartedly the Alternative Egypt theories, but like I mentioned, I read the book "The Stargate Conspiracy" and all I can say is, I look at this whole thing very differently now.   For anybody who believes the diagrams they've seen and believes the connections they've read about, PLEASE read this book.  You would be doing yourself the favor of getting both sides of the story (if you haven't already.)  Apparantly, the government has been highly involved in infiltrating the New Age movement, channeling, and the Alternative Egyptology movement over the past 30 years.  This book offers so much compelling information that there's a lot of disinformation and corruption going on.   I know it's fun to follow the Alternative view because it's interesting and makes life more colorful to look at, but again, things are not what they seem to be.   

zonabi wrote:

howso? speilberg is the man when it comes to bringing controversial government-hushed awareness to the public. 

of course i understand some of his work is 'overseen' by government officials, namely Close Encounters... so that leaves room for twists and 'disinfo' but overall i think its a good thing he makes these kinds of movies.

Well, since aaronfirebrand made the comment you're referencing, I'll leave it to him to answer for his views.   For me, all I can say is that it seems Spielberg has an agenda to put a positive spin on the whole alien thing.  That in itself is alarming.  His movies help encourage people to view ET's as cute creatures who care about us and only want to help humanity, and that they're tied to us somehow, and their genetics would be a GOOD thing to mix with ours. 

He may be supposedly bringing controversial government-hushed awareness to the public.............but how much of it is true?   If 50% of it is disinformation, then what good is it that he's doing this?  If anything, he's doing more harm than good.   A little bit of knowledge can actually be a dangerous thing if it's mixed up with a major dose of disinformation.   Speaking for myself, I was raised on Spielberg, and while I think that hand's down he's one of the best filmmakers that ever existed in Hollywood, he's the reason I grew up thinking that aliens are good, and why I wanted to invite that into my reality.   

Before I leave off, I want to add something I forgot to mention.  Spielberg,and "Taken", like all other alien movies, books, etc., perpetuates the myth that the "Grays" are biological organisms, like us, who eat and reproduce, like us.    In actuality, the Grays are supposedly cybergenetic organisms.   They're organic robots, basically, who supposedly work for the Reptillians and do all their dirty work.  They're not the main players.  They're the worker drones for the main players which like to remain behind the scenes.   We're told though that they're "IT", they're what it's all about, and they're the ones in charge who are here to usher humanity to its next level.   The truth is so much more sinister than that.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
-----

Thanks, lyra, for your eloquent cynicism! Spielberg to me is just a disinfo artist. I realized this after Schindler's List. Apparently Steven is a zionist operative, his films buttressing the manufactured consensus of the elite.  Anyone remember "They Live"? A really crummy film (it starred "rowdy roddy piper", "pro wrestler") that, by some accounts, was closer to reality than any other film in this genre. A low-rent filmmaker can tell the truth with no bigbiz controllers telling him he better not. Spielberg can't.  See where the true power is?

7 (edited by lyra 2004-08-24 07:43:26)

I have questioned who / what Spielberg is affiliated with after taking another look at "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" as an adult.  As a kid I knew it was a "dark" movie, and I knew that I didn't care for it and that it couldn't even compare to Raiders of the Lost Ark, but, I didn't think too deeply about it.  I re-rented this several months ago and definately started thinking twice about Spielberg.  I mean, who does a movie about poor Indian village kids who get kidnapped to work as slaves in an underground mine for a bunch of zombified Satanic blood drinkers who ritualistically rip people's hearts out while they're still alive and burn them alive for the "Goddess Kali" !?!?!?!    I mean seriously, who?!?!   And why?!?!?!     What WAS that movie anyway?   

At any rate, I believe that Spielberg, being who he is, is definately involved in some things, and knows what the deal is.

-----
-----

did you guys know that Michael Jackson payed a Voodoo man some 2 million dollars (or more) to put a voodoo curse on Speilberg ??

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'

Synchronicity struck this early morning when I tuned into Prime Time Glick on TV. For those unfamiliar with PTG, Martin Short dons not only a "fat suit", but a fat face as well, and portrays a superficial, totally inept talkshow host. Maybe Short's best role. He bungles interviews with two celebrities per episode. The one I tuned to featured Steven Spielberg in one segment. Nothing too revealing, but when I caught him looking directly into the camera, I remembered something I'd learned years ago: humans cannot lie with their left eye. We can manipulate the appearance of the right eye (mainly a subconscious effort), but the truth of us is available in the left. I remember it has something to do with left/right brain, but not much else. Spielberg's left eye revealed a cold, calculating individual to me. His right eye was lively and inviting, his left was saying "getouttahere". I wasn't listening to him as much as I was trying to get a better look at his eyes. This really works. I recommend it for use everyday (now that I've recalled how effective it is). You can pretty much determine when someone is lying, as the "ocular disparity" seems to increase with deception. With the same tool, you can find that some people's eyes, left and right, look the same, revealing that they are exactly the people they appear to be.
zonabi, the MJ/VoodooCurse is news to me, but given that MJ is an insane pedophile with Way too much money (I personally blame everyone who bought his records for his wealth--y'all shoulda known better), it's no surprise.

10 (edited by lyra 2004-08-24 11:26:22)

zonabi wrote:

did you guys know that Michael Jackson payed a Voodoo man some 2 million dollars (or more) to put a voodoo curse on Speilberg ??

Think Michael needs to demand his 2 million dollars back cause that voodoo curse done backfired!  BAAAhahahahaha!  big_smile

-----
-----

11 (edited by Auendove 2004-08-27 04:27:10)

lyra wrote:

One of the characters, Tom Parker, is initially skeptical about aliens, an active alien debunker who theorizes that alien abductions are really in fact being done by the U.S. military and that the whole "alien" thing is just a cover, a fabrication to hide what the military is doing.   He's later debunked, of course, and that puts an end to THAT "crazy" idea of his.  Silly man!

Self explanatory.  I don't even need to point out that this was the series' way of trying to debunk the idea of MILABS, which is in fact very real.   More real than alien abductions.  In "Taken", there is no room for MILABS abductions.  It's all alien abductions, all the time.

Hi lyra and All!

Check this out from Helmut Lammer, I thought this was extroidinary work, but I'm still exploring other info as well. I'm sure there's more great reserach to google. As well, I'm going to post this link on the "trauma based mind control" thread started by manyeagles because it really applies there, but this passage I quoted caught my eye to note on this page specifically, given your remarks--

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/lammer2.htm#toc

As I noted in my first MILAB paper, the presence of human military personnel inhabiting the same physical reality as alien beings are unbelievable for sceptics and open minded serious abduction researchers too. Although Michelle's before mentioned experiences were definitely terrestrial, she experienced also a high strangeness close-encounter during the same MILAB. She got traumatic flashbacks under hypnosis of a reptiloid creature, which was also investigated. She described that she was escorted by military personnel into a dark-office like room where she was raped by a reptiloid creature. I don't know what this traumatic experience means. I don't think, however, that the military worked with this reptiloid creature. It could be possible that Andree was drugged with a halluzinogene and projected the reptiloid as a kind of screen memory, although she described the skin and other features of the creature very well. Was this particular experience the product of a mind control procedure? One should consider such procedures first, since her other experiences in the underground facility were completely terrestrial and recent hypnosis sessions performed with Michelle during July 1997 revealed that she may be used in various mind control experiments during her life time.[12]

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
------
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
------
If you spin around on your chair really fast, things around here will make a lot more sense.

lol