Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#76 2007-03-06 23:25:11

lala

Re: food for the eighth sphere, not the moon

Druid wrote:

The misuse in the past of Etheric activity is said to have caused the destruction of Lemuria and Atlantis and access to these fallen forces in Sicily is said to be behind the power of Klingsor; and the old Castle Marveil or that place where all the beings reside that oppose the Grail Stream. What in our time then is the earthly equivalent of the Castle Marveil?

You've said this in other places and since I am 100% Sicilian (Sicilian-american) this gave me a start. that and my birthday being on July 23. Being Sicilian is extremely intense; I have been to Sicily and it is a pretty savage place, the rest of Italy doesn't even consider it Italian, I don't think. This also makes me, I believe, Semitic because Sicilian is not a dialect of Italian as many people believe (my parents spoke ancient Sicilian as their first language, they grew up in Brooklyn, NY) but its own language which is a combination of Aragonese (ancient Spanish), Latin, Hebrew, French and Arabic. I can pass for Jewish or part Arab, although my family is devout Catholic (while at the same time being unconscious witches with all kinds of evil eye and psychic abilities). I feel like I have a lot of dark bloodline stuff in my genetics that I have to really fight, the occult was a natural for me. commentaries welcome.

and:

A lot of Steinrs' insights are very precious and unique, today more than ever.

There are not that many people who have an integrated understanding of Steiner as you do. You're scholarship is very advanced. I have been involved in Anthroposophy groups and I've never heard a lot of what you are talking about. I think that you and montalk should write a book together outlining a new thought system based on synthesizing both your understandings of Steiner's work with the matrix systems theory. I think that it would be quite good and would bring it up to date since the alien and hyperdimensional things are a pretty new spin on it. Now that I think back on it, Waldorf fairies always looked like aliens to me and the energy felt like star energy not earth.-lala

don't judge a book by its name

#77 2007-03-06 23:47:31

druid

Thomas Aquinas was born in one such familiy of the black nobility with black magic ancestry. It proves that men of good and of genuis can come out of even the worst families. Some say psychopacy is hereditary and fatalistically genetic (determinism), or even that egoism is in our genes, but I think this is not 100% true because it is posible with enough will power and ego strenght, love, master of feeling and sentiment and trained in thinking, it is possible to get free of karmic fatalism (determinism).

Thanks for believing in me lala! wink but I do not know ALOT of anthroposophy, I just did some selective readings on specific subjects, such as those explored in Montalk and (a bit of) Cs and more particularily 'conspiracy theories' material.
I am now collaborating with many people in writing and it will soon become available on the web as a bimonthly e-journal. Tom gave a few cues to this collaborator I know as how to manage an e-journal.
Sure I would love to collaborate with Tom. I hope we will.

#78 2007-03-07 05:08:23

lala

druid wrote:

Thomas Aquinas was born in one such familiy of the black nobility with black magic ancestry. It proves that men of good and of genuis can come out of even the worst families. Some say psychopacy is hereditary and fatalistically genetic (determinism), or even that egoism is in our genes, but I think this is not 100% true because it is posible with enough will power and ego strenght, love, master of feeling and sentiment and trained in thinking, it is possible to get free of karmic fatalism (determinism).

thank you druid, I believe this is explaining a lot to me about my life's purpose. I think that karmically I am here to end a family line that is steeped in negative occultism and craziness. I also think that I am supposed to develop work that will help others break free of negative occultic influence. When you wrote about Steiner's work on the five black lodges that would be prominent in the future (now) and the establishment of an occult university that would teach black magic: the university already exists, I've been there, it is the only Buddhist University in the US and possibly North America or the world, it teaches Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism and psychology and environmental theory and seems very love and light to anyone who has not seen all the things that go on there, as, of course, me, being me, has. Their bad-boy guru died in 1986 of liver cirhosis from alcoholism. I will not name it since anyone can google key words and  these threads and come up with these submissions, but some people who read the forum will know where I am talking about. It is already here,  they are very powerful, attract wealthy people from all over Europe, North America and elsewhere. They have ruined a lot of people's lives and caused insanity and addiction in many people, as far as I can tell.

and:

I am now collaborating with many people in writing and it will soon become available on the web as a bimonthly e-journal. Tom gave a few cues to this collaborator I know as how to manage an e-journal.
Sure I would love to collaborate with Tom. I hope we will.

This is fantastic, this NR site has been invaluable to me in terms of hitting a wall with my development. I think that both you and Tom montalk will bring a lot to the world with your writing and philosophy as you both develop it separately and sometimes together (remember, I have certain hereditary skills...).

I am interested in how Astrology and numerology and the like can be used in a way that is not creating its own morphogenetic field as it goes, so to speak. It seems like fourth dimensional astrology and numerology is very accurate in many ways, but I also think based on some other things that I have read (link to Viking2remote viewing site from this forum) and I agree with this person (E. Meadows) that it is like a download that we receive at birth. This downoload is to some degree, deterministic, but I think that it is only coming from the lower fourth dimension and creates its own morphogenetic field among incarnated humans so that the stuff appears to be true and accurate, but it is because we have all bought in to that reality. I would like to be free of astrology and numerology downloads as a sovereign human being, but I'm not sure now. Is there anything that you can direct me to that would help me develop along these lines?

thanks so much for all of your input-lala

don't judge a book by its name

#79 2007-03-15 07:19:52

Poffo

Hey druid, thanks for clearing up my question for me a few pages back...I read it at the time but was in a rush and didn't reply, forgot about it until now!

#80 2007-07-15 23:18:30

Mahatma
Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned.

I'm become confused somewhat by all the contradictions floating around and feel lost amidst a sea of disinfoagents and the mislead, that I can't tell which way to go or where to begin. So I got me some questions here. 

Recently I've been reading some of Crowleys work at hermetic.com, along with Eliphas Levi in relation to the Tarot and Cabbala. I was reading http://fakeapoc.tripod.com/black_magic/ … ebsite.htm which was speaking from an Anthroposophical (sp?!) viewpoint that Crowley was an evil dog and so was the Golden Dawn. In light of this could you comment about the use of this form of Occultism (Tarot/Cabbala) or recommend me some reading practice. I also read on that site, the influence of Venice from 1500-1800, which is strange as I remember that the tarot was (re)invented around 1500 by Italian nobility.

Also regarding Black Magic and its opposite White Magic, how are the two supposedly defined?

And lastly, could you recommend me an 'Introduction to Anthroposophy' of some sort please.

Thanks very much for all the work you've put into thie thread.

"Violence solves everything. If it's not solving your problems, you aren't using enough of it."

#81 2007-07-21 11:53:44

druid

From the anthroposophical point of view, occultism cabalism and tarot practices, such as Eliphas levi, Papus and his martinists, etc., lead directly to black magick, not in animal sacrifices per se, but to subconscious fascination on symbols, in such an unconscious process which overwhelms the stability and existence of our most innate and sacrosaint unviolable Ego. About occultism and its black magick deviances as opposed to true anthroposophy: "The Case of Valentin tomberg: anthroposophy or Jesuitism?", by Sergei O. Prokofieff.  There is also a free Steiner Archive on the web you can search into, they have many of his lectures, and some of his books.

Reading about your interests, I will suggest some readings further. A general introduction to anthroposophy is rarely satisfying to me, but anyway, here it is: http://anthroposophy.org.uk/book/reading.html

One must ask questions to get answers. You ask about the opposition between occultist practices leading to black magick and "white magic" practices. First what we should call white magic is Service to Others, and this giving is without "taking back". Its opposite is serving oneself in dominating or using or manipulating others, including magickal practices some call "white magick". If you are interested in this perticular thread of spiritual investigation, there are many sources I would suggest, and I already posted most of them on the forum:
http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=3841
http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=3831

what I feel most important today is that writing is a form of black magic, as it condenses and crucifies etheric life in thinking into a tiny black mark in a white sheet. But most pervert than that is the creation of artificial intelligence in which this encoding becomes enlivened with demonic intelligence, and thus the old black magick rituals of Taotl (satanic reversion of atlantean Tao) relive again in Silicon Valley and in the new technological developments in the South-West of the USA, where Ahriman-Satan is most embedded. Parallel to that is another form of torture (writing and info encoding being torture and black magick in themselves) , human torture in Guantanamo, not far from the old mexican black magick Taotl centers. This old magic was linked to the most high ahrimanic (satanic) demonic entity, Sorat, which is working to make a mechanical hell on earth, in order that the torn apart soulof man gets entangled in the illusions of the eighth sphere, where he merely becomes of ghost of himself and as a specter fuses with the artificial satanic grid spread worldwide.

thank you very much for your encouragment!

#82 2007-07-21 19:01:45

montalk
forum-keeper-upper
Website

This is somewhat related. It suggests an interaction between astral matter and electricity:

In Robert Monroe's first book, Journeys Out of the Body, (Monroe, 1971) he recounts an experiment he did in 1960. He was in a Faraday Cage in which he had conducted numerous other out-of-body experiments. A Faraday cage is a box made of wire mesh, which in this case was embedded in the walls of the room. Normally it was grounded [0 volts], which makes it very effective at shielding out disturbing electromagnetic signals and enhancing the ability of the subject to relax.

But this time was different. The walls of the Faraday cage, instead of being grounded, were charged to 50,000 volts DC. Monroe doesn't say if it was positive or negative voltage. Then he went through is usual routine inside the cage, lying on a bed. Listening to his tapes, he relaxed deeper and deeper and soon found himself outside his body. So far, everything was normal.

But when he tried to leave the room by going through the walls or ceiling, he kept running into and becoming entangled in many WIRES. He was unable to get out of the room! He was trapped. Normally his astral body just passed right through the wires built into the walls of the Faraday cage. For some reason, when they were charged to a high voltage, this did not happen. Suddenly the wires became impenetrable to his astral body. They became like a net ensnaring him and holding him inside the chamber.

This is a highly significant observation. It suggests that the process which allows the astral body to pass through matter is affected by VOLTAGE. At a high enough voltage, the astral body no longer can pass through matter. In quantum physics, we know there is a relationship between voltage and frequency. The higher the voltage, the greater the frequency difference. If we assume that the astral body is at a different frequency than normal matter, then we shall see in Chapter 13 that this could explain how it can pass through matter effortlessly. But when voltage of the wires in the wall is raised it changes their frequency, so now they may come into synchronization with the energy making up the astral body. So far this is only the sketch of an idea. It is developed in more detail in the last chapter of this book.

Monroe's experience is consistent with many of Keith Harary's out-of-body experiences. Harary demonstrated his ability to leave his body and describe distant events many times. But he

"...was adamant about one thing. He would not project during thunderstorms or when such a storm was threatening. He felt that th electrical buildup in the atmosphere hampered his abilities and disoriented him. He also disliked approaching any kind of powerlines during his projections. Sometimes, he told me, he would get 'caught up' by the lines and become stuck to them." (Rogo, 1983)

Rugo also recounts and independent story which supports this observation:

One woman described how she had approached some powerlines during one of her OBEs, had become stuck to them, and had to travel down them before ultimately breaking loose." (Rogo, 1983)

------  From "The Synchronized Universe: The New Science of the Paranormal" by Claude Swanson, Ph.D.

Reminds me of anecdotes about astral travelers getting detained in underground bases by some force-field once they were detected, and how this same method might prevent alien soul abductions too.

Current computers of the personal desktop and laptop kind, that use on/off currents passing through tiny transistors,  are too "mechanistic" and "deterministic" to allow easy expression of artificial intelligence of the demonic kind, other than a purely etheric soul-atrophying effect. But as we know from how computers respond to our emotional energy output (they break or glitch when you are angry of frustrated) there is some connection there. However, quantum computers would be perfect because they are extremely sensitive, responsive to outer-dimensional influences, and work nonlinearly. True artificial intelligence. But without an organic DNA system, with the double-helix and neural structures attuned to receiving "higher" consciousness, the crude electronic nature of a quantum computer would instead tune into a more Ahrimanic intelligence. Advanced underground military bases already use these kinds of computers.

Years ago there was talk about something called the "Transfer Capacitor" which is alien technology incorporated into supercomputers -- see this  http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/oc … .Cs.r.html --  and the description sounds about right for what it would take to achieve a demonic computer grid. Just use those in a massive bank of computers arranged in a nonlinear neural net with feedback loops. Google will be the interface between this underground technology and the public technology. There is not enough time to get supercomputers in the hands of every last user, but through Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 technologies that make personal computing ever more dependent on internet and cable connections, tied into centralized servers, these can be absorbed into a control grid. Google is buying up wireless airwaves. It wouldn't take much to merge it with the cellphone networks and via "celldar" keep track of every moving thing in the country, and through triangulated hotspots of modulated energy also counter-influence the thoughts of people with dissenting thinking patterns. If all this then is tied into the central artificial intelligence center, there you have the incarnation of Ahriman. It's not enough to just have etheric control, they also want physical control. And through a grid network this would become a reality. We're halfway there.

Last edited by montalk (2007-07-21 19:27:12)

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

#83 2007-07-21 21:52:40

druid

according to anthroposophy,
electricity as a fallen state of 'light ether' (which is linked to the astral).
electricity would be an open door to tap into 'light ether' and thus influence the astral.

(anthroposophy sees 4 kinds of ether: life-ether (matter, atomic power), chemical or sound-ether (fallen, it is magnetism), light-ether (astral reflection in the ether, in its fallen state it is electricity), and fire-ether (lower kind, just above ordinary heat)

#84 2007-07-30 01:38:57

Antaeus

I believe that the moon is not the eighth sphere. Steiner argued that there was a lot of disinformation about the eighth sphere, since Sinnett's 'Esoteric Buddhism', Blavatsky, etc.
These occultists managed to establish in the occult community that the moon is the eighth sphere, and so that Yahve is a bad guy, like gnostics pretend. In fact, the opposite would be true: Yahve would have established the moon in order that the eighth sphere's sucking void activity shall be blocked.
----------------------------------------------------------

Eighth Sphere or Planet of Death
A term used in the more esoteric or inner part of the teachings about which little can be said, for over this part of the doctrine there has always been drawn a thick veil of secrecy and silence.

Frequently the term is confused with avichi, but this is incorrect, because the two, while closely connected, are nevertheless quite distinct. While avichi is a state where very evil human beings "die and are reborn without interruption," yet not without hope of final redemption -- something which can actually take place even on our physical plane in the cases of very evil or soulless men -- the Eighth Sphere represents a degree of psychomental degeneration still more advanced. As just hinted, even in avichi there is a possibility of reinsoulment by the ray of the spiritual monad; whereas in the Eighth Sphere or Planet of Death such possibility finally vanishes, and the entity which has sunk to the Planet of Death is what is technically called in the esoteric philosophy a "lost soul." In the Eighth Sphere the lost souls are ground over and over in nature's laboratory, and are finally dissipated into their component psycho-astral elements or life-atoms. The Eighth Sphere or Planet of Death is an actual globe. It is also of course a state or condition of being; whereas the avichi is almost exclusively a state or condition in which an entity may find itself, although obviously this entity must have position or place and therefore locality in space -- on our earth or elsewhere.

This is from "The Occult Glossary," by G de Purucker.  He was President of the Theosophical Society.  I don't see where he alludes to the Moon as being the Eighth Sphere.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

#85 2007-07-30 05:47:53

druid

This is the version of the Theosophical society regarding the Eighth Sphere.

about the eighth sphere according to anthroposophy (eighth sphere being much more complex and subtle reality than explained by Theosophism), read The Occult Movement in the Nineteenth Century, lectures by Rudolf Steiner

#86 2007-07-30 06:54:16

feritciva

Montalk wrote:

In Robert Monroe's first book, Journeys Out of the Body, (Monroe, 1971) he recounts an experiment he did in 1960. He was in a Faraday Cage in which he had conducted numerous other out-of-body experiments. A Faraday cage is a box made of wire mesh, which in this case was embedded in the walls of the room. Normally it was grounded [0 volts], which makes it very effective at shielding out disturbing electromagnetic signals and enhancing the ability of the subject to relax.

But this time was different. The walls of the Faraday cage, instead of being grounded, were charged to 50,000 volts DC. Monroe doesn't say if it was positive or negative voltage. Then he went through is usual routine inside the cage, lying on a bed. Listening to his tapes, he relaxed deeper and deeper and soon found himself outside his body. So far, everything was normal.

But when he tried to leave the room by going through the walls or ceiling, he kept running into and becoming entangled in many WIRES. He was unable to get out of the room! He was trapped. Normally his astral body just passed right through the wires built into the walls of the Faraday cage. For some reason, when they were charged to a high voltage, this did not happen. Suddenly the wires became impenetrable to his astral body. They became like a net ensnaring him and holding him inside the chamber.

What a coincidence(!) again.

I have Skip Atwater's book Captain of My Ship, Master of My Soul now. Atwater was involved in Stargate Project, the remote viewing project of US Army and became the director of Monroe Institute afterwards. I haven't finished the whole book yet, but found a passage by "messiah's handbook technique" and read it. Here it is:

Captain Of My Ship, Master Of My Soul – Skip Atwater (pg 206)

Over the years, Bob Monroe and I quietly discussed his out-of-body experiences in personal conversations away from public scrutiny. Years ago, Bob wrote about encountering a faraday cage while in the out-of-body state. He wrote that he was unable to penetrate the walls or get inside. When I asked him about this, he said that in later years he tried again and found that he was easily able to pass into and through the faraday cage.

Bob explained that his first encounter with the faraday cage was limited by his belief system. He believed - based on his earthly knowledge - that a faraday cage was impenetrable and that belief was so strong it carried over in out-of-body experience. Learning to overcome his beliefs enabled Bob to explore far beyond the often narrow confines of Earth life expectations.

In another private conversation with Bob, I asked him about the concept of an astral body or second body apart from the physical body we occupy in the waking state. Bob smiled and said he realized that in his books he left the impression that when out-of-body we retain a bodily form very similar to our physical facade. He went on to say that he no longer experienced himself in that way, that he thought of himself “more like a spot or point of light”.

Based on Bob’s experience, he felt that the notion of a second body was a habit or carryover perception from the Earth-life system of beliefs. To him, the humanoid form was simply “local traffic” on the interstate. Our true form includes humanness and more, much more than we can know if we limit our beliefs to the Earth-life system.

By the way, I'd like to say this thread is excellent and thought me a lot. Thanks for every contributor - especially Druid. I began to read Steiner again after some 12 years (after the university years) and found excellent info. But sometimes he seems too concentrated on dangers and potential negativity of spiritual universe. Ok, my parents warned me about the dangers of streets when I began elementary school; that there is the danger of traffic, I had to cross the street very carefully, I should not speak with suspicious strangers, I shouldn't eat junk food especially the coloured ones etc etc. All very important warnings. But these didn't stop me getting out of home, going to school, graduate, find a job etc. If I always thought about potential dangers too much, I wouldn't get out of home because of fear and never progress.

Anyway, this is my personal view on Steiner's works. Don't get me wrong I find all very precious - but as I said sometimes I feel the pressure of too much warning & concentrating on negativity in his works.

Last edited by feritciva (2007-07-30 07:00:38)

Change we must, to live again
- Jon Anderson

#87 2007-07-30 17:26:20

druid

Maybe you read the books in which he makes a case not to fall into lucifer or ahrimanic traps. But anyway, we can't avoid encountering luciferic and ahrimanic beings/forces/situations. It would be fanaticism to try to flee from their influence. We must balance their one-sided influence in order to follow the middle (Christian) way.

#88 2007-08-02 01:30:24

Antaeus

But someone who developed his thinking to imbue it with will, and vice versa, imbuing his will with thinking, develops his Ego so that in future lives he will be able to remember clearly his past lives, without relying on misguiding visions.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Remembering past lives clearly would be no pleasant thing, one would need to be quite spiritually advanced to be able to handle the memories. If the human ego has this as a goal, you're dealing with magic.  If remembering happens naturally, as part of the process of spiritual refinement, it's much safer.

#89 2007-08-07 18:09:19

Seeking the Truth

I know the double hasn't been talked about for a couple pages, but I didn't know where else to post this article. I just came across it today through a link that Mystical Girl posted on my muscle testing thread.   This guy is actually writing about the Ahrimanic Double, but he doesn't call it by that name.  He's probably not familiar with Steiner.

The Dark Twin Within

© by Lynne Forrest

I once observed that my biggest problem is my mouth -- what I put in it and what comes out of it. If I could just bring that organ under control, I'd be in good shape. An old mentor used to remind me to listen to what I was saying. "You're telling on yourself all the time", he'd say. "If you will just hear what is coming out of your mouth you'll learn a lot about yourself". What I have learned is that what I do with my mouth is very often dictated by a "secondary" or other self.

"Why did I say that?" or "Why, in the world, did I eat that?" ("smoke that?", "do that?") These are questions I've often asked myself. In such moments I get a glimpse of this "Freudian slippery" side of me that I would rather not own. But after much introspection I have grown acquainted with this dark inner entity. And I've discovered that I'm not the only one possessed by such a one. That in fact we all own a similar sub-personality which could be called our dark twin.

I've learned that this shadowy part of us is very invested in revealing our discrepancies, denials, and cover-ups. In Jungian terminology it's called our shadow. The shadow is our dark twin. It's the part of us that we have spent a tremendous amount of energy trying to repress, even exterminate. We believe it to be not only unacceptable, but despicable. Carl Jung defined the shadow simply as that in us that we most don't want to be.

And yet it is also often that orphaned part of us that holds the key to wholeness. We cannot learn to love and accept ourselves until we come to terms with this dark twin. Why is that? Because as long as we have condemned any part of us, we will struggle with a sense of inadequacy and/or defectiveness.

We're each born with a three hundred and sixty degree radius of characteristics. There's no innate distinction between positive and negative qualities. We simply contain both ends of the continuum (love/hate, control/helplessness, etc). Part of the socialization process is a parental attempt to divide off and then exterminate those attributes considered immoral or wrong. Therefore it is deemed good to share, whereas selfishness is bad and needs to be extricated. It's wrong to be lazy but it's right to work hard ... and on and on. It's the only way we know to raise our children to be respectful, self-reliant adults who are able to fit well in society.

But with every act there is a pay-off and a cost. The price for this socialization process is that we become split. The part that has been defined to us as who we are formulates our conscious personality whereas the other, that which has been determined as inferior, forms a sub-personality known as shadow.

The process of judgment, of indicting aspects of ourselves as bad or wrong, leads to condemnation of self and others. Once we've denounced something within us, we then banish it from conscious awareness. We relegate it into the dark unconscious where it lives in spite of any illusion to the contrary. This banishment is defined as denial. Denial is the suppression or repression of that in us that we cannot, or do not want, to face.

So we become two selves. The socially acceptable self and our unacceptable twin, who has been relegated to live in the dark basement of our being. It consists of all those qualities we want to disclaim. This dark one skulks behind, very much like our own physical shadow. It trails along, awaiting the opportunity to show itself. Like an abandoned, neglected child it starves for recognition. It sometimes is small and barely visible, if seen at all. At such times it causes little or no trouble. But then at other times, it leaps out in front, bigger than life, and devours everything in its path.

Carl Jung observed that a person who denies their shadow is indeed a dangerous agent. Having convinced themselves that they don't have any inferior qualities, they then project their unacceptable qualities onto others. Called projection, it is the often practiced act of hating in someone else that which we don't want to see in ourselves. It's a lot easier to feel self righteous and condemning over the faults of another rather than see those same flaws in ourselves.

Whenever you find yourself having a huge negative reaction to someone, you're being given the opportunity to encounter your own projected dark twin. It doesn't mean that person is not as unfit, irresponsible, controlling, etc. as you think. It does mean that you wouldn't be reacting with such vehemence if you weren't recognizing, in them, something unclaimed of your own. Of course, those qualities you have judged as abhorrent in your antagonist may not be as obvious in you, simply because you have exerted such unconscious effort in repressing them! Such people who trigger us might be called our "good enemy", because they present us with an opportunity to make conscious denied aspects of ourselves.

I'll share a personal example. I have had a propensity for getting involved with wheedling, demanding people only to end up feeling sucked dry. Since I know how shadow works, it became evident that I needed to own what I'd disclaimed, and was therefore projecting. So I did some self-guided imagery. The part of me I found in the damp dark cellar of my interior was one I have come to call "Gollum". I call her after a character from Tolkein's trilogy Lord of the Rings. In the story, Gollum is a black slithering creature that has stolen the king's precious ring and taken it into a cave. There it guards over its stolen possession with a miserable kind of jealousy. From this imagery I determined that Gollum represents the needy, possessive part of me that might want to claim another's precious essence. Overtly, I have spent my life demonstrating just the opposite. I've been independent and self reliant. But my inner Gollum was demonstrating an unclaimed needy and demanding part of me ... personal qualities I'd banished long ago as repulsive and unlovable. The challenge is to accept -not become- that disclaimed part. In my case, owning my Gollum might well mean that I stop attracting needy people into my life.

"Acting out" is another way the shadow shows itself in our lives. Abuse of alcohol or drugs for instance, is often a shadow's performance. Addiction of any kind, is the result of that which has been denied. It is an accumulation of self-condemnation which has hardened into a lifestyle of obsessive-compulsive escape.

I've had clients ask me why I think they would even need to deal with such a repugnant part of themselves. after all, wouldn't it be better to leave it in the closet where it belongs? The answer, once again, goes back to understanding that what we don't claim, dominates us. Ancient wisdom tells us that what ever within is ignored or disowned rules over us! Until we bring our inner despised and feared renegade into the light of consciousness and assume responsibility for it, it will continue to dominate us. We must "embrace" the dark twin within if we would hope to gain freedom from it. I'm not talking about giving-in to or loving it, simply accepting that it is a part of us.

There are other ways, besides addiction or compulsivity in which we act out our shadow. A "slip of the tongue" is a way this repressed orphan has of making known where we really stand on a topic. Rageful outbursts may be the shadows way of "busting out" after a sustained period of stuffing feelings. If we are living in deception of any kind, this troublesome twin will set about to expose the lie.

Once a woman of "new age" mentality was bragging about having no fear. She came across as quite superior to those of us who hadn't achieved such an "enlightened" state. Later that day, there was a commotion outside the pavilion. We all ran to see what the hullabaloo was about, only to find this same woman in a total screaming panic. She was desperately trying to disentangle from an overgrown, but very friendly pup. "He's attacking me! Get him off, he's going to kill me!", she demanded, in obvious terror, as he licked and tail-wagged himself all over her. Apparently there was a denied "self" in her that was very afraid ... at least of dogs.

So how can we begin to know who this inner dark twin is? Especially if we're not even conscious of it. Because it's true, few people are aware that they have another and darker side. The shadow making formula goes like this:

Self judgment and condemnation =denial.(J + C = D)

Wherever there is negative judgment or condemnation there will be denial. Denial rides hard and fast on the coat-tails of judgment. This is because it's too painful to acknowledge what we consider to be inferior personal attributes, so we simply disavow them. This creates an inner rift. The denied material becomes an "opposite" or "polarized" self. Wha-la! Our shadow twin is born!

So it's not a matter of "if" I have a shadow, rather it's who is that illusive, slippery fella' in me? And how do I bring it into the light?

The willingness to give up denial is a good start. The only way to embrace this unloved twin is through concession. Surrender to win. It's one of those paradoxes of which life abounds. Willingness to let go of judging that self as some kind of evil internal outlaw is another requirement. If we're going to heal the breach between our conscious and unconscious selves, we must stop condemning.

Recognizing those who trigger us is a good way to begin to recognize our dark twin. We might think about listing the troublesome characteristics of contenders and then own those as repressed and unlovable potentialities of our own. Very often our shadow twin will show itself in dreams as that unknown dark figure of same gender. Once we decide to acknowledge our dark twin, we begin to see it all around ... in our compulsions, dreams, slips of the tongue, and in that person, who triggers such an ill-response in us. Being willing to embrace our own inner darkness brings authenticity. And because we are no longer running from that untoward part of ourselves, we are finally whole.

http://lynneforrest.com/html/the_dark_twin_within.html

#90 2007-08-08 01:39:26

Antaeus

I know the double hasn't been talked about for a couple pages, but I didn't know where else to post this article. I just came across it today through a link that Mystical Girl posted on my muscle testing thread.   This guy is actually writing about the Ahrimanic Double, but he doesn't call it by that name.  He's probably not familiar with Steiner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was interesting.  We aren't talking about the astral body here, are we?  No I guess not, the astral body is a lower aspect copy of the physical body.  The RNA to DNA.  I don't say I'm incapable of anything.  When I want to decide on a course of behavior that one might say is noble, I'm telling myself I am doing it to manifest my posession of Freewill.  What is inside of the sub-conscious?

Board footer