Topic: Looking for a Purpose, part 2

This is a continuation of my post on finding a purpose.  I wanted to run my options by those that will take the time to read through this.  I think that this could be long so I will try and be as brief and to the point as possible.   

I created a post about not seeing a purpose in my life.  I came across this feeling based on the fact that according to a lot the stuff I am reading it appears that my life, the life of humanity on earth is just a game.  We are higher beings that subject ourselves to the limitations of the human body for some reason.  It appears we are also being controlled and manipulated by some higher beings on an "ethereal plane" that are using us for their own purposes, similar to how cattle are penned by humans and manipulated for our own good. 

This realization put a damper on many of the asperations I have had my whole life.  I've never really been too interested in material pursuits, except for one,  I want a speedboat.  So because money and things didn't have the alure to me that it did to other people I began to look for a purpose to better humanity.  However it seems from what I know now that even if I helped bring about the end of the New World Order it wouldn't really matter.  The beings that run this planet would create something to replace them with a new order.  Humanity would be reduped and the cause which I dedicated my life tom would have been a waste of time.  My current impression is that the beings that are manipulating us have the ability to go back in time and change events until the present is the one that they want.  So who knows maybe I did destroy the illuminati already, but they went back in the past and changed things so that now I won't. 

I have been doing the same thing for the last 3 yrs of my life.  I go to work and watch the clock all day in anticipation of going home.  When I go home I just lay around doing nothing, or get on the net and search for the meanings of the universe. 

I must find what things are important.  I realilze that I probably won't find the answer to what I want to do in my life on the first try, but I need a direction to start in.  Here are the options I have considered. 

#1 Keep working at my job, of which I see no purpose in except for making money.  More generally to pursue money so that I can have a large financial platform from which to seek purpose when I possibly have a better idea of a useful way to spend my life.

#2 Quit my job so that I have unlimited time to devote to finding a purpose and kind of drift looking for it. 

#3 Pursue a higher education in Nuclear Engineering, my disicpline.  I see this somewhat as a waste as I am unsure of the details of Nuclear politics and whether nuclear energy can be handled responsibly by humanity, and if it is even possible to do so.  What getting a higher education would do would be to add a Masters, or Phd to my resume which usually increases your percieved status. 

#4 Join the peace corps, or something of the sort.  I don't really see anything wrong with this accept I look at most jobs in the corporate world as being designed to waste peoples time so they won't have the free time to discover the truths of reality.  I see the peace corps as something similar.  While I would make a difference to a community, I do feel that what I have to offer to peoples minds here, is of much greater help to humanity. 

Which brings me to another of my stumbling blocks.  For a while I wanted to spread the truth about reality to people, but seeing how it has drug me down to the depths of depression and perpetual feeling of futility, I don't know if I would wish waking up on anyone else.  Why should I expect people to want to wake up.  It's like in the movie the matrix.  Neo wakes up from a somewhat nice world to a barren desolate world.  Whats wrong with living in ignorance if you can be happy?  I mean from what it seems to me the war is unwinable to humanity anway, so why not enjoy what I have untill I die? 

Arghhh...  I am spinning in circles again.  I never get anywhere with these mental excersizes, because I pull 100 ideas out of the closet and then I need to try on every one before I go.

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

Re: Looking for a Purpose, part 2

At this point, Capitan, I don't know what your purpose may be, but I do know my purpose and my gift.  My gift is assisting others to find their gift and purpose.  The process is astoundingly simple.  Feel free to email me.

Pamelajean

Captain wrote:

Whats wrong with living in ignorance if you can be happy?  I mean from what it seems to me the war is unwinable to humanity anway, so why not enjoy what I have untill I die?

Do you hold any spiritual beliefs? If so, what are they? For instance, what do you make of reincarnation, heaven, life-cycles, karma, timelessness, etc?

Captain wrote:

However it seems from what I know now that even if I helped bring about the end of the New World Order it wouldn't really matter.

What do you think of civil disobedience? Also, do you think balance is desireable? In your life and around the globe in general?

I'm interested in working this through since I often feel the same way but I know I do not feel this way - disenchanted, I suppose - all the time.

Q: (L) Whatchu know about that?
A: We know all about that.

Also, did you read Part 1? lol big_smile

Some very knowledgeable people gave their sincere opinions... you are basically asking the same question in a more roundabout way. I can't give you any good life counseling without being there walking you through your daily routine... So really consider what everyone wrote, I think you will find some inspiration to find some good enduring treatments for your ailments, instead of quick fix solutions.

Hi Capitan.

I don't have any answers for you, but I'd like to share what happened to me this summer,  as it is similar to your situation.

After I had failed my final semester in University, I was working part-time at a pizza joint.  So obviously not enjoying my work I just up'd and quit.  I couldn't take the energy drain any longer, and knew that everything would work out.  (Not telling you to opt out of your job though!).  Everyone I knew told me "Well what about $$?" and "You should be worried" etc etc.  But for me, it was like finally trusting myself to let go.  So this whole summer I have been drifting.  Haven't worked all summer, I just enjoyed the time that I had, reading, playing games and just having fun.  So seeing how school starts again next month I have NO IDEA what I want to pursue in life.  Like you, I don't have a huge drive to gain material possesions and money, I feel as though "Hey, I feel great just the way things are!".  My surrounding cast on the other hand has been saying "Well you can't forget this world!", and I guess they are right.  So since I have no clue what I want to do in this society, I am going to colleges, univercities and get information on just exactly what they have to offer.  It sucks - to have to keep playing societies game but I do KNOW that my goal is to play the game and beat it, finally becoming seperate from the system.

The most important thing that I've done to get motivated about life is to DREAM again! 

A good excercise is for a moment, dream about what you really want.  Like, we're here on Earth, with 6 billion or so people, this grande dream/play/game is going on, seemingly reaching its final acts.  So it's all how we view the situation. 

The final thing I'd like to say is that like you, throughout this summer I'd always number my options (what could I do...) and realized that by constantly thinking of the "could", the actuall "doing" doesn't happen.  Then somedays I wouldn't think about it and everything would fall into place.

And one more thing, to get through my depression some time ago I went back to the basics - did what I loved doing.

"Beyond the stars a new world awaits me now" - Wintersun

Hello Capitan,

I'm currently in the process of unplugging myself and wanted to know what do you define as being unplugged besides just knowing what you know? Are there any other aspects to unplugging besides just knowing what you know?

PEACE!
HULK

All the world is a stage "Shakespeare"

P.S.

I would like to let you know that you have purpose whether you realise it or not. Your here and you exist. You are apart of everything and everything is one. Your doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing as for the moment. Dont fret if you havnt found that grand purpose. You will find it!

PEACE!
HULK

All the world is a stage "Shakespeare"

Thanks for your replies. 

Cedison:  yes I have read the responses to part 1.  I have a problem were I begin to forget things that I know I need to do.  I think holding an active conversation helps me straighten out the mess inside my head.  Perhaps I need to go back to part 1 to remind myself of everyones helpfull contributions.  I thought that I was advancing the premise at least a little bit with this post, but perhaps I just reiterated everything I covered before.  One of the major themes I was adressing in finding a purpose part 1 was depression.  Depression has been able to take as big a hold on me recently so now I am trying to give myself something to work for were I can feel accomplishment as I progress towards it.  Money does not give me a sense of acomplishment.  A lot of this knowlege that I have come across has become more of a burden at present then a liberator. 

The details of my beliefs will take a long response, perhaps later.  In short yes to reincarnation, to the ethereal worlds, to the spirit body, genetic body, and physical body.  I do not believe in many of the enforced beliefs of civil society and therfore don't see a problem with disobeying some of that stuff. 

HULK: The matrix is everything that you experience in this life.  However when I refered to unplugging, I meant more from the mind programing that we recieve.  The preception that you need to get to the top, get rich, work in a coporation, get a college degree, get a wife, get a house.  Almost every system of beliefs that people are aware of on this earth is some system of control.  I meant unplugging from those false beliefs.

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

Cedicon: You were right I went back through Part 1 and it looks like I had forgotten a lot of the advice I had gotten back then. 

A lot of the advice from that thread was to be content with who I am and don't continuously try to make myself into someone else.  There was a lot of other good advice on there as well.  I have it stuck in my head that a big change in lifestyle is what I need to put me on the right path.  It sounds more like all paths lead to the same destination, just some may take longer.

As for my beliefs and how they pertain to the supernatural world.  I believe in aliens and that they are the gods of most religions.  They however are not God, and God if anything is the amalgamation of all that is.  I believe in higher dimensions and nonphysical realms which are all synonymous to me to ethereal planes and heaven and what have you.  I believe in reincarnation and Karma and am under the impression that neither is as simple as they are commonly percieved.  I am not able to understand the concept of life cycles or timelessness, as I don't really understand what time is yet. 

I am willing to change my beliefs if I find an explaination that seems to better describe what I percieve in Reality.

Captain,

Great! That was a good move, looking back at those answers. As I was reading them last night, I was hoping you'd give them another look and reflect on how things have changed. Or maybe things have stayed relatively the same.

I'm also glad you have some beliefs in reincarnation and karma, because I was going to arrive at my impression that time is linear in our experience as physical beings, but in the limbo that is the post-death, pre-birth phase, that time is selective, and we have just as much power to choose our lives for their importance and significance as hyper-dimensional intelligence has access to the timeline of our Earth.

So, in that respect, I firmly believe that you and me and other dudes are here for a reason. Let's not make any big-budget-movie fantasies about it, though. In honesty, its all about learning... and sitting through your life has about the same effect as sitting bored as hell in school. Only it's our life, our freewill, that expands our options so we don't always have to sit through the same routine day in day out... Because its our life we can !!!FREAK OUT!!! or spend time behind books.... or spend time behind a flickering screen.

It's all up to you, dude. I'm going through the same shit though. I'm a college student studying a dead end subject (film production - but I don't want to whore myself out to Hollywood), I don't want to be the model alumni and I don't want to give my money back to the Institute because I don't have any respect for these conventions that I feel are worn and worthless.

I get down on myself sometimes because there is no one I can personally, physically approach with all these HUGE questions that just pile up, like you said. But I am very confident that we are never alone... the Universe is full of consciousness and its rooting for you to do the best you think you can in whatever you want.

Now, its time to listen to some good music or draw something cool to hang up on the wall, don't you think? Or is it time to hit the books again because 2012 is coming and you know... tick tock tick tock

11 (edited by dylanfarms 2007-11-08 21:50:23)

don't worry, be happy

Me ga aita shunkan no sono hito wa

Cedicon:  I know exactly what you mean when you say you are studying a dead end subject, becasue despite the heavy promise Nuclear has in the worlds near future, I know it is not what I intended on doing.  I think if I am to use my mind to its capability to discover something it has to do with the lost arts.  Experimental electrodynamics, theoretical physics, resonance, I believe these are a gold mine of potentail.  I however have so many questions.  If you discovered something that could power the world forever, but simultaneously had the capablity of destroying everything would you release it to the public.  If I did discover this I don't think I would be able to release it.  The scientific community has been brainwashed to believe discoveries come from rigorous studies, universites, from following conventional wisdom.  This cannot be further from the case the largest advances are made by those who move as far from main stream science as possible.  Einstein, Tesla, Newton, Leonardo are all examples of such.  I don't know what I am gettin at except that the questions I raise cause me to doubt the usefullness of pursueing the above studies. 

I guess in a way everything we do here is "useless"  which is what was getting me down.  But conversly because the only thing that is important is for your soul  to learn, anything you do here is a learning experience and almost by definition the most important thing you can do.  That being said I think I might like to do the things which give me the greatest feeling of accomplishment.  So I am trying now to establish a set of morals by which I can measure my progress and accomplishment towards my values. 

On top of that the 2012 issue, that does seem to be a significant time marker for change in humanity.  Time isn't stable enough to predict future dates, but the sheer fact that if enough people focus on 2012 as a date for change we maybe able to manifest the change process at that point in time. 

Dylanfarms:  There is no such thing as facts.  Theories are all that exist.  Almost no human understanding is complete, and because of the variabilty of things possibly we can never have a complete understanding.  When we do understand everything that will be the day we join with god.  Theories are the most important things that exists in the mind.  From theories comes the truths of reality, and the bad theories eventually die away.  Human societies discover these truths and society crumbles and they are lost, only to be discovered again by the next civilization. 

This leads me to my next point that every corporate job is a waste of talent.  Everything thats created on this earth will one day be destroyed.  Thats why the only truly important product is that which builds your sould which is eternal, till the end of time.  I work for an engineering firm and we spend all day laying out how to do things that don't need to be layed out.  We waste our time following procedures and cutting red tape.  I am of the opinion that almost all western jobs are simply to occupy the parts of the day that taking care of your mortgage, kids, credit card bills, medical expenses, etc takes up so you have no free time left over to invest in discovering the truth.  The truth that we are more then evolved monkeys, we are higher beings that are traped in human bodies and raised like human cattle by some invisible beings, for reasons that I don't yet compltety grasp. 

Last point, the tower of babel marked the last point in history where the minds of the world tried to link up with one another.   So that knowlege would be universal, people would be have at their beconing every idea thought of on the earth to expand upon, to debate, all transfered with at the speed of thought.  The danger this caused of humanity discovering the true purpose of the alien overlords, as well as the possibility of us sheding their scourge from the planet prompted them to destroy the tower of babel, a tower designed to allow power telepathic communication.  Humans who knew nothing exept telepathic communication having lost that ability were forced to invent spoken languagues, all of which were different, creating the many dialects in the world. 

This whole response was totaly off subject but upon reading Dylanfarms responses I felt obliged to respond.

13 (edited by dylanfarms 2007-11-08 21:51:20)

you got to listen to your heart, listen to the beat, listen to the rhythm, rhythm of the street, open up your eyes, open up your ears, get together and make things better, by working together

Me ga aita shunkan no sono hito wa

Capitan hi, good luck there. But I recon we could be more useful preparing and advertising alternative solutions to a NWO, especially when they are not to last too much longer anyway. There currently exists no strong enough alternative cultures a modern society can be attracted to. Can i ask, do you believe that society will prevail or collapse and evolve into something else very soon 2012 and all that ?

You know the karate Kid movie. The scene around the painting of the fence. The mundane tasks hiding secret karate moves ?

Well, I have been unplugging since 1985. I saw the end time scenareos and figured myself had better live a double life. Mundane waste of time in the 3d material world and the spiritual meditations and magical world etc. My `just in case` method prepared for the `if push came to a shove` scenareo of world economy collapse that would render our current modern skills useless. Then I travelled the Far East, witnessing people farming, building their own housing, and sharing within villages the basic materialds of life. I now spend my time watching how traditional villiages do it, You know, with little electricity etc..

The solution came to mind. I asked myself, if i expect collapse of this dark society, what are my current personal skills/mundane city skills, what are they useful, in the newer societies after the fall ?

i noticed you already have a wide base of ambitions. Whilst doing nothing for a couple of years, i learned to manipulate my energy body down to within the bones and within the organs including the glands, as well as study humanity.
I spend one year looking at the weather patterns all day, every day from my bedroom window. I learned most of what i know through idleness.

I am now currently preparing for world domination (I kid you not), it takes a single person or a small group to changes the world. So history always repeats.. But I am also a remote healer and use magic to obtain whatever miracle a small society may eventually need in the future. You sound as if you already have skills for the future. But do you believe that society will prevail the way it is ?

If not, i suggest you do a google search on the rainbow warriors, they design cultural cleansing retreats for free. teaching the basic crafts of sustainable living. If you hold that knowledge/Bushcraft, and go to the corps, you are living a double purpose and perhaps are more ready for any future that most people ever could. Good luck.

That writing reminded me of Che the revolutionist. Why is revolution still a dirty word.

Ganel:
   I don't really know what to make of the end times prophecies.  I would say that I believe that there is a possibility in 2012 things will change for the better, what will change I can't say.  There is also the possibility that things will change for the worst as far as humanity is concerned.  I'm under the impression also that at that point in time or some other, there will be a mass ascension of some sort into a higher plane of realization, dimesnsions, awareness, or something of that sort.  I'm not sure what will happen to those left behind, maybe they will die, maybe those ascending will die.  I can't say for sure. 

For a while I thought that I needed to prepare for some disaster in the form of economic collapse, WWIII armegeddon or something.  I now believe that the most important preperation that can be made for the future is spiritual rather then physical, after all your body will eventually die regardless of whether or not you live through an armagedon, however your soul will live on as long as this universe exists.