Topic: Yawning and Orgone

I've had an insight recently that yawning may be associated with orgone accumulation. It just kind of "came to me", and I thought I'd look on the internet to see if there was any connection. It appears that when people are around orgone devices or hold their head directly over them, they tend to yawn. There is even a feeling of "the lungs filling up".

I noticed that during my drive home from the city to the country I start yawning excessively once I transcend the metropolitan border. The air is fresher, and it's like my body recognizes the life force in the air, which is not present in the city. Makes one concerned about "city life" . . .

Magis Amica Veritas

I would rather control myself, than someone else.

en courage (heart)
in spire (spirit)
en thuse (theos)

Re: Yawning and Orgone

I heard also, that your body can yawn when it is trying to get more oxygen, forcing you to take deeper breaths...

Not necessarily true. Check this out:
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/yawning.html

Magis Amica Veritas

I would rather control myself, than someone else.

en courage (heart)
in spire (spirit)
en thuse (theos)

Oh I just had another idea, from the document linked from this thread: http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=3494

Essential Health Book, talking about the pumps in our immune system, and to work fully we need to take deep breaths, pranic breathing, in addit5ion to rebounding/normal skeletal muscle movement to keep things moving and not backing up.

Maybe triggers for yawning are also related to trying to get use to keep that system moving. I think it's probably a multi-purpose mechanism. I tend to yawn more when I'm tired, and I thought about the oxygen to the brain thing, because it seems anecdotally to me that I'm more likely to yawn while I'm sitting for long periods behind a computer sitting with poor posture and breathing less fully.

Funny, I have always been a big yawner.  At work I would always start yawning around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It was embarrassing because it would last for about 20 minutes, and I couldnt stop. I was up and moving around, so it wasnt like I was sitting in front of a computer.The only thing I noticed that helped with that is to make sure I dont eat a heavily- laden carbohydrate meal at lunch.

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

6 (edited by Pictus 2006-06-11 05:21:20)

Lemniscate wrote:

I noticed that during my drive home from the city to the country I start yawning excessively once I transcend the metropolitan border. The air is fresher, and it's like my body recognizes the life force in the air, which is not present in the city. Makes one concerned about "city life" . . .

Interesting, sometimes when I got near my mommy she starts to yawning a lot...

She had a little shop, who was in not a good vibe place, almost
every time she left her shop to home she yawning a lot too.

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

7 (edited by whywhywhy 2006-06-11 06:04:15)

Lemni,

It seems to me natural yawning occurs when the body is lacking of something.

1. When we are tired or sleepy, we yawn. 
2. When we are bored, we yawn. 
3. When we sit down and work in the computer for extended periods of time, we yawn.
4. When somebody yawns, we yawn.
5. We even yawn for the heck of yawning because it feels good.

It appears that yawning is a body response when low levels of energy are detected.  Is the body using some sort of process or mechanism to replenish the energy depleted?  If so, how does it work?  What kind of energy is tapped into?  Are chemicals released when we yawn? Serotin? Adrenalin? Or, is it a metaphysical/mental state that is targeted while yawning?  I do not know the answer to these questions but the yawning process is healthy and soothing.

Try this, next time you feel down, sad, under pressure, angry or just unhappy stop for a moment, clear your mind and yawn three times.  Do this as many times required until you feel at ease or relieved.  I would love to read about the results so please post them here.

Thanks for the post Lemni.
Regards,

Lee

I would add the possibility here that yawning may be related more to the lymph system than to the actual respiratory system.  From what I've read, the lymph does not have its own circulation pump such as the heart.  Instead it circulates each time we move our muscles and lungs.

From my reading, the lymph system is directly related to recycling our energy stores.

This is no time for the righteous
Only the wicked survive
Bake up a batch of the Yellow Cake
Bake up a batch of the lies
- - - - -[ Yellow Cake - Ministry - Rio Grande Blood (2006)

For two times I tried to stop yawning by breathing deeper and faster - didn't help. Or maybe I should do it for more than just few seconds wink

Pictus wrote:
Lemniscate wrote:

Interesting, sometimes when I got near my mommy she starts to yawning a lot...

She had a little shop, who was in not a good vibe place, almost
every time she left her shop to home she yawning a lot too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gujieff says that yawning draws in energy.  That is why, late at night I resist yawning; I'm afraid it will interfere with my falling asleep.  In fact, I have noticed that it does negatively effect my easily falling asleep.  Laughter does the opposite.  It is why there are not many allusions to frequent outbursts of laughter by Jesus.

Also, everyone has probably seen examples of baboons yawning a lot when confronting a possible adversary.

I was just looking through old posts in this section, and got a laugh at, "when I got near my mommy she starts to yawning a lot..."
lol  She needed energy to deal with you.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

11 (edited by Blue 2007-12-23 15:56:40)

I have a completely different attitude towards yawning. This may be a defect, only time will tell.

Whenever I have been thinking STS thoughts, and then return to source (going to the gas station to top up), I slow down and reflect on what my previous (maybe 24 hour hour life experience) was. During this time, even if not actually recurring the actual events, I may yawn.

This happens most often when I pray to ST. Michael the Archangel.  I have always got, that this is the 'bad' energy coming out, to be replaced by 'good' energy. I have 'prayed' like this for at least the last 20 years, and, strangely enough, it was only last night that I 'yawned', and realised I was releasing something (which I acknowledged). Sometimes, there are times within the prayer, that you can see in what direction this comes from.

OK, I went through a hectic stage 20 years ago, in the midst of very charismatic christian's, where yawning was seen as a release of negative spirits. Today, I *try to take a more balanced view, but last night, in view of the thoughts I had entertained, surprised me, that such primitive ideologies could actually hold some truth.

Look, try this..  Get to a quiet place, especially if you have been under stress/pyschic attack, centre down and start to take really deep breaths.

Breathe in deeply, right down to your socks, and then breathe out until you are gasping for air.

If you involuntarily yawn, OK, repeat the exercise. Keep doing it, until you no longer involuntarily yawn.

I don't know all the answers, all I know is, when I go through the day, I can pick up 'bugs/things/entities/feelings/emotions/memes,etc' that I don't really want to hold on to. I don't know the dynamics, I just know that the breathing exercise and prayer, help me to release the shit I subconciously picked up. during the day.

Anyhoo... here is my prayer to St. Michael.  ( I honestly don't care what you think, I believe he exists,that is what matters to me)

St.Michael The Archangel wrote:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle,
Be Our safeguard, against the wickedness, and snares of the devil,
* (greys, reptilians, RA, George Bush, whatever....)*,
May god rebuke him, we humbly pray,
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host,
BY THE POWER OF GOD
* (Totally put your heart into that),
Cast into hell, Satan
* (George Bush, Victoria Beckham, Osama Bin-Liner, Gordon Brown, etc)*
And all the other evil spirits,
Who prowl throughout the world,
Seeking the ruin of of souls.
We ask this in the name of the Christ Conciousness.
Amen.

The stuff inside the brackets is superflous, btw. but a sense of humour makes the whole thing work better.

I don't have any engrained conclusions on the matter.  Was simply citing that Gurjieff says yawning draws in energy and laughter releases it.  I see how you may have a very valid point, in that taking in energy can displace negative energy, especially if this is your intention.  A human is a very powerful entity, perhaps a law unto theirself.  My Redskins just beat the Vikings at this moment.  I wish it were another team, I like the Vikings too.

I'm actually going to try an experiment for a week.  Something I learned through reading Thelema material, not that I'm all that involved in it.  Whenever I put on a special ring, I will not laugh at anything, I will refrain from laughter the entire time I am wearing the ring.  That means I will have to refrain from negative thought.  Since laughter releases negative energy.

Oh, another thing, Gurjieff said that only a real yawn does this taking in of energy.  I'm not disputing anything that you said Blue.  It all made good sense.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Antaeus wrote:

lol  She needed energy to deal with you.

HEhehehehehe
Interesting, thanks!

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

When you yawn, you breathe from below the lungs - from your diapraghm and your lower thorax. Yes you actually breathe with your lower back and the sides below your ribs. I think you yawn because your body needs more oxygen. If you yawn feel your diapraghm and lower back expanding. Man it feels so good to yawn!

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_yawn.gif

[center]http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_yawn.gif[/center]

[right]http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_yawn.gif[/right]

11   23   11