Topic: The Poor High School Students

Hello,

I've been toying with the idea of putting together a collection of practical essays for High School students into a sort of handbook and publishing it. It would consist of topics on finance, metaphysics, survival, psychology, etc. that they could really USE. I wished I would of had something similar so I would have avoided a lot of my mistakes, and I always promised myself I would publish something when I was older.

All it would take would be a handful of good essays with step-by-step methods for "unplugging yourself", or at least being in the matrix, but not of it. The target is mainly teenagers. Think about how much difference this might make.

Any of you writers interested in such a project. I would bankroll this and self-publish hardcopies. The e-book only route just wouldn't do it justice.

I've been working on an outline of all the subjects I want to cover. 

Let me know what you think.

namaste,
sakash

Re: The Poor High School Students

That would be absolutely wonderful! Hope it all works out. I'm still a teenager myself and unplugging. If I had a book about this sort of stuff early on I would have spent less time researching. It was difficult finding time to research especially during the time I was in school. To have a book about these essential topics in one place would have saved so much of my time. I'm really interested in this book.

I guess this book would only be able to cover the essential topics. Things like personal health, issues in money and finance, matrix conditioning and programming from people and society, and practical metaphysics. I think this would have to be entirely practical to be truly effective.

Hildegarde

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

The response is overwhelming.

hsh-

Perhaps it would be helpful if you would share your outline?  The topic itself is very broad and can mean many things to many people...

Just a thought.

SW, Agreed... I had thought about responding once or twice, but then realized I could post for days and not necessarily hit on what hsh had in mind ;-)

Please, narrow it down for us a bit?

This is no time for the righteous
Only the wicked survive
Bake up a batch of the Yellow Cake
Bake up a batch of the lies
- - - - -[ Yellow Cake - Ministry - Rio Grande Blood (2006)

I would love to see a book like this come about. I am 19 and I would love a way to be able to explain some of the things that I know or feel to friends. A book would be a great medium for this. You could make a quick reference guide type of book or you could make a nice thick information database.

Good idea!! If you could share the outline that would be great, and only, if you need any help, I would gladly do it, and even print it out, spread it around university.  Just give me an email.

Kalu

"Beyond the stars a new world awaits me now" - Wintersun

8 (edited by hsh 2005-12-14 13:09:13)

Thanks people. Sorry about that.

You're correct Risen and SW, I think the outline should get things rolling a bit. I posted a quick note on my intention at my site, as well as a rough outline. I'm working this week to flesh it out in detail.

http://www.binauralbeats.net <- quick overview..probably on the wrong page

http://www.binauralbeats.net/hsh.html <- outline

namaste,
sakash

hsh-

I looked at your ouline... is there an option of working with Montalk and setting something up on wiki here? I am completely unsure of the logistics, permissions, etc.  It will clearly become a massive task for one individual to manage, and this may be a vehicle to allow for many minds to contribute- as well as a variety of explorations to occur.

A question comes to mind as I read... I sensed a tone ( may very well be my subjective additions to the words you chose) that swayed more to the negative, than a positive doingness from a place of complete being.  Is that the intent of your focus? Is that just my stuff coloring what I read?

As an aside, Bill Cumming at  oneperson.net has a beautiful interpretation for "namaste".  You may enjoy it.

Be well.

SW

10 (edited by hsh 2005-12-14 14:09:59)

SoulfulWanderer wrote:

A question comes to mind as I read... I sensed a tone ( may very well be my subjective additions to the words you chose) that swayed more to the negative, than a positive doingness from a place of complete being.  Is that the intent of your focus? Is that just my stuff coloring what I read?

SW

I think I know what you mean, but if you approach the majority of teenagers (not all mind you) from a place of complete being, you are liable to lose them immediately. There has to be a balance probably. Telling someone how to setup a ghost address, master credit and debt, spot subliminal messages in advertisements, and decipher the Constitution, for example, might not work from a completely spiritual perspective. Or did I misunderstand you?

Just a thought: In order to exploit system rules, sometimes you have to play by the system's rules in the beginning. Once you have a good foundation, you can begin tweaking slowly and no one will notice. Unplugging yourself all at once will certainly cause you problems. Perhaps there should be a progression from a possibly perceived negative to a full-out positive; systematic steps or something. Who knows? Let's see where this mutates. I don't have a set vision at this point.

Namaste

I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides.

I honor the place in you of love, of light, of truth and of peace.  And when you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us.

Oh, I like that. Thanks for the link. smile

hsh-

I have found, in my experience of working with 16 to 26 year olds for the last 20 years, that begininng from a place of genuineness will engage far better than attempting to strategize an engagement.  It has also been my experience that a vast majority of "adults" underestimate teenagers, in that, they become impatient with a young person's processsing.  Young people are interested in hearing the "how" a trusted adult has come to a decision, world view, belief or value set- and then given time to process.  And last and certainly not least, the trust from the "adult" that they will do what is best for them in the moment. That being said, if material is presented in a manner that creates opportunities for readers to process and explore- engagement occurs.

I, perhaps, did not express myself well.  I am not suggesting necessarily a spiritual perspective as much as a hope filled one.  For example, I would write it in the spirit of wanting to educate my child: assist her in protecting herself, create opportunities for her to grow through a broad foundation of knowledge, to question and reflect, to be responsible for herself and all humanity.  I would write it from a place of love, not of fear.

In fact, that is a spiritual perspective, in my world at any rate, yet all children have something to teach and contribute, and hope is a profound tool.

I am glad you enjoyed the interpretation of Namaste from Bill  *smiles*.  It is one of the best I have had the pleasure of knowing. 

Be well.

SW