Re: What can we do?

opeteroo wrote:
google wrote:

Instead of throwing away the profound concept know as money, why can't we break the current  de facto monopoly on it ?

Just food for thought.

If we were to end most taxation and deregulate banking, new institutions would emerge issuing notes. These notes would be exchanged between consumers and producers.

This free market solution, and the competition it encourages, would end the stranglehold of the banking elite.

Hi Google smile pleased to meet you

My post just above this one touches this subject but I'll clarify a bit.

In order to create the changes you suggest we would actually have to have input into how commerce functions. Is this a realistic expectation? I no longer think so. The system was designed to do exactly what it does and those that control it and us are not about to let us mess with it.

I would like to concentrate my efforts here on defining alternatives not on how the elite achieved this control. That information is available in many places. If you would like more details email me and I will send you some links to learn more. smile

Hi opeteroo.

Very glad to meet you too, fellow Canadian.

Darn it's cold here.

I respect your wishes to steer the thread away from the monetary system so I won't prolong that.

I am aware of what is, and has, gone on in Central Banking etc. and have studied it for a couple of years.

I am curious though, is you decision to get off the treadmill one in which you are attempting greater fulfillment or do you think it is better for society to withdraw ?

I'm pretty sure that I will be going down with the ship.

opeteroo, your photo collage was really neat. To document your progress the way you are doing takes a lot of additional labor and dedication- for that I commend you.

And the town....wow.
It almost looks post-apocalyptic and reminds me of the more recent pictures of Chernobyl.
Like a neutron bomb hit, without the residual effects.

I had to wonder, maybe you thought at one point or another, "what do I need to worry about here.... it's already happened!"

It looks fantastically serene.

With regard to disconnecting, for most people it is simply not practical.

Unless forced by circumstance, as in your case, for most folks that kind of relocation and re-connection (pioneer
wise) remains a pipe dream.

Job, family, mortgage payments keep most of us anchored- despite the desire to leave it all behind at times.

google commented he thinks he'll be going down with the ship. Some may see that as giving in, but I think the aforementioned explains that position.

Not trying to put words in your mouth google! ;-)

I'm not sure where I am going with this, it is tantalizing to say the least, that kind of pioneering spirit.

And to see someone actually DOING it!

Many of us will still be right where we are, physically, when the excrement hits the fan.

And honestly, if a bunch of us herded together to attempt plantation society, wouldn't they be inclined to re-aim missile #86 and have a good chuckle?

I don't mean to take the defeatist angle here. This has to be done on an individual / family unit basis.

I am working towards Ocean falls- absolutely. But not so much as a tangible location. Just the mindset.
I have no idea where I'll be if and when that time comes.
Mercy may only come to those within or nearest the epicenter. I don't know.

Just my thoughts......
I do wish you well in your endeavors, opeteroo, and thank you so much for sharing with all of us!

"I hate dreaming. because when you want to sleep, you want to sleep. Dreaming is work. Next thing you know I have to build a go-kart with my ex landlord"
-The late Mitch Hedberg

If only there was a place TO withdraw to. It's not like there's not enough "wealth" to spread around. It's plain greed and hubris. I'm so disgusted with American Stupidity that I want to just leave. Forming an alternative society within American society leads to the danger of suppression/retaliation by the federales a la' David Koresh. A couple more years of super-hurricanes and earthquakes will do more to destroy the system far more effectively than a few of us 'radicals' could even hope for. It may sound bleak, but things have gotten so far out of hand that the system will need to be royally kicked in the nuts before people will see a need for REAL change, and a more sane world.

There will be two Ages. The first: The Age of Power. The next: The Age of Equality.

CortexVortex wrote:

And honestly, if a bunch of us herded together to attempt plantation society, wouldn't they be inclined to re-aim missile #86 and have a good chuckle?

I don't mean to take the defeatist angle here. This has to be done on an individual / family unit basis.

kid mongo wrote:

If only there was a place TO withdraw to. It's not like there's not enough "wealth" to spread around. It's plain greed and hubris. I'm so disgusted with American Stupidity that I want to just leave. Forming an alternative society within American society leads to the danger of suppression/retaliation by the federales a la' David Koresh.

These are good questions/comments which should be considered, but it sounds like you are not taking into account the metaphysical aspects.

The proverbial fanning is what is going to happen when dimensions start to split.  Right now they are all mixed up together.  A pocket of 3D consciousness here.  Some 4D over there.  A sprinkling of 5D and 6D all around.

The feds, NWOs, and other "they"s are maneuvering to capture as many people in their net that are making the transition from 3D to 4D consciousness.  That's fine; it's part of their personal drama.

The reason that so many intentional communities fail is because they are similarly too polarized in 4D.  The people are too vulnerable to 4D manipulations of the ego.  Hence David Koresh.

People who are vibrating beyond 4D don't face such challenges.  Nobody would bomb a group of people of higher consciousness, because the consciousness itself is a defense mechanism. 

4D agents can't look beyond their own net, lest they inadvertently point the way out. 

Is that making sense?

It is not for us to understand love, but simply to make space for it.

I admire people like opeteroo who have the courage to make big life changes.
He doesn't want to add his efforts to the system anymore and that is commendable.
People should follow their hearts.

Currently I don't have the compulsion to unplug although I do dream of a more rewarding existance. 
I find it important to meet certain other challenges in my life right now.

As tenetnosce has pointed out, now is the time to get re-acquainted  with our higher selves. We all seem to do that in different ways.

Hi tenetnosce   could you please elaborate on this for me please?   I'm sorta new here and would just like to know what this means please.

The proverbial fanning is what is going to happen when dimensions start to split.  Right now they are all mixed up together.  A pocket of 3D consciousness here.  Some 4D over there.  A sprinkling of 5D and 6D all around.

still can't post right drats.

23 (edited by tenetnosce 2005-12-08 10:53:09)

joethepro4 wrote:

Hi tenetnosce   could you please elaborate on this for me please?   I'm sorta new here and would just like to know what this means please.

tenetnosce wrote:

Hi Joe.  Well it is all quite difficult to explain without already knowing which concepts you are familiar with and which you are not.

Right now the prevalent belief in newage or metaphysical circles is that our world currently exists in 3D, and part of the process we are going through is a translation into 4D.

In reality, all dimensions exist at once.  So it's all just a matter of your individual focus.

I tend to be of the opinion that all the jibberjabber about the end of the world, financial collapse, natural disasters, nuclear war, etc., is a feeble attempt by the mind to explain something that is beyond its comprehension.

This may all indeed happen in 3D, but it really only affects you to the degree that you are polarized in that dimension.  If you are identified with the material world, then you are prone to experience material loss as suffering.

A point that I think is frequently missed is that there is a significant portion of the population that is not polarized in 3D.  They are polarized in 4D.  They just don't realize it yet.

So what their consciousness creates is a replica of 3D, simply because they can't think of anything new.  They must get out of their minds to do that.

Similarly I think that a great deal of spiritual people are stuck on this idea of "getting to 4D" when their consciousness has already gone beyond 4D. 

So we are all mixed up is the point.  We think we are only living in one dimension, when in fact we are living in them all simultaneously.

Take driving down the freeway for example.

3D is the realm of the physical freeway and the motorized vehicles that are moving peoples bodies around from place to place.

4D is the realm of all the personal stories and cultural myths that those people are carrying with them.  Every single person that passes down that freeway leaves an imprint of consciousness.  A residue that can attach itself to another person's consciousness and become part of it.  It is you driving down the freeway, thinking about the argument you had with a coworker the day before, or whatever.

From 5D we might notice how the metal in the cars create electromagnetic currents that interact with other geomagnetic and cosmic influences to create patterns of energy and information.  We might notice how these patterns create a grid of light around the planet and realize that all things are affected by it.

In 6D we are appreciating the beauty of our surroundings.  We see the mountains rising slowly and the clouds drifting by.  We might catch a glimpse of the world before, or after, the freeway existed.

All of these things are going on at once.

Now the change, or the shift, or the whatever you want to call it appears to be a singularity.
A position of absolute rest.  A moment outstide of time.  So the shift has already happened.  And what I think we are experiencing now is the giant milkshake coming to rest.  Everything is moving back to its own dimension.

So where are you focused at that moment?

If there is global financial collapse and you are very focused in 3D you might lose your job and your house and have to scrape together to bring some bread and butter home for your family.  There may be looting and rioting in your neighborhood and you or a loved one may get killed.

If you are focused in 4D, you might find yourself involved in a local trade business or some community effort.  Things may be a little rough for a while, but it all gets worked out.  The government steps in with some handy-dandy prepackaged solution, and Oprah releases a new book, and things get back to normal.

If you are focused in 5D you might be giggling at yourself because you just realized that the big bad financial collapse didn't hurt you at all.  You just might be better off because of it.  You didn't really want that house anyway.

If you are focused in 6D you might already be happily living your life oblivious to the fact that a global financial collapse ever happened because it doesn't affect you in the least.

Very nice tenetnosce

25 (edited by whywhywhy 2005-12-08 08:45:18)

tenetnosce wrote:

So where are you focused at that moment?

If there is global financial collapse and you are very focused in 3D you might lose your job and your house and have to scrape together to bring some bread and butter home for your family.  There may be looting and rioting in your neighborhood and you or a loved one may get killed.

If you are focused in 4D, you might find yourself involved in a local trade business or some community effort.  Things may be a little rough for a while, but it all gets worked out.  The government steps in with some handy-dandy prepackaged solution, and Oprah releases a new book, and things get back to normal.

If you are focused in 5D you might be giggling at yourself because you just realized that the big bad financial collapse didn't hurt you at all.  You just might be better off because of it.  You didn't really want that house anyway.

If you are focused in 6D you might already be happily living your life oblivious to the fact that a global financial collapse ever happened because it doesn't affect you in the least.

Tenetnosce:

I am very glad you posted your thoughts in this thread.  Quite an interesting way in describing the situation at hand.  Although I have read that 5D is where the Dead go (The C's?).   No matter, the idea you are trying to convey can be heard loud and clear.  I have been considering similar thoughts (not as well compiled and organized as yours I must say!) and the idea of using what is at hand (thechnology, money, etc...)comes to my mind.  Our physical body is trapped in this 3D world while our spirit & soul have been seeking to experience or expand its experience in other realms (4D).   Is it possible that one can use the 3D system (thechnology, money, etc...) to advance or live a comfortable life and at the same time be oblivious to it if the entire system collapses?  It would be the heck of a balancing act to pull off but perhaps possible.   An individual may be able to use tecnology, money, etc... to his/hers advantage and yet be able to let go if need so.  Some may say "horse shit" but I believe some people are capable of this feat.  To me there are options......Some may choose to break away from society, be one with nature.  Others may decide to advance while staying in the system.   

Once again, I really appreciate your post.

Regards

Yes me too thanks  tene I appreciate is alot.

Thanks

27 (edited by tenetnosce 2005-12-08 17:58:50)

whywhywhy wrote:

I am very glad you posted your thoughts in this thread.  Quite an interesting way in describing the situation at hand.  Although I have read that 5D is where the Dead go (The C's?).   No matter, the idea you are trying to convey can be heard loud and clear.  I have been considering similar thoughts (not as well compiled and organized as yours I must say!) and the idea of using what is at hand (thechnology, money, etc...)comes to my mind.  Our physical body is trapped in this 3D world while our spirit & soul have been seeking to experience or expand its experience in other realms (4D).   Is it possible that one can use the 3D system (thechnology, money, etc...) to advance or live a comfortable life and at the same time be oblivious to it if the entire system collapses?  It would be the heck of a balancing act to pull off but perhaps possible.   An individual may be able to use tecnology, money, etc... to his/hers advantage and yet be able to let go if need so.  Some may say "horse shit" but I believe some people are capable of this feat.  To me there are options......Some may choose to break away from society, be one with nature.  Others may decide to advance while staying in the system.

You are quite welcome.

The key to this is to follow your heart, of course, but also to gather as much information as you can, so your heart knows all of the options. 

There are so many options available to people that they don't even know about.

Did you know that you can now build a home that can be made to withstand ravaging fires, earthquakes up to 9.0, and winds in excess of 140 miles an hour, for less than the cost of an average home in a major city?  And did you know that it can be so energy efficient that it pays for itself in about 10 years? 

Did you know that there are forms of very powerful medicine available that cost pennies on the dollar when compared to standard medical practices?

Did you know that you can make a highly successful business practice out of the simple sharing of information?

Did you know that there are technologies that can assist you in growing more than enough food for yourself and your family with very little effort?

Something I just recently realized about my own life is that I could sell my house right now, invest some of the money, and depending on the outcome, be able to live for 2 to 5 years without having to work a job.  2 years is the minimum assuming I lose every penny I invest.  Yes, it would be a simple life, but I already live fairly simply.

The point is that I would suddenly have all this free time to work on myself.  To work on various projects that have been slowly simmering on the back burner for years.  To write.  To play music.  To sit and stare at the sky for hours.  To have conversations that go until dawn. 

So what?  Yay for me.  How does this help anybody else?

Suppose you've got a wife and three kids.  And none of you are about to leave the Tivo behind in favor of long walks in the forest.  Well then you're going to have to work, and it's going to be a little harder on you. 

Yet suppose that there are 100 people like me.  Working, say, 50 hours a week.  Through a combination of working smarter and a minimalist lifestyle, we can learn to sustain ourselves on 10 hours a week.

Now there are 4000 more hours in a week available for people that need to work.  That's a full-time position for 10 people, and enough money to support, say, 500 people.

But you'll never hear a politician suggest this strategy.  Hmm.

28 (edited by whywhywhy 2005-12-08 12:47:05)

tenetnosce wrote:

But you'll never hear a politician suggest this strategy.  Hmm.

Tenetnosce,

I definitely hear you! 

Talking about politicians and Government...........Two years ago I was running a very successful Engineering Company but got behind paying payroll taxes (a major No-No for a small business).  The problem was not that I could not pay them (the money was in the bank) but I was so busy (70+ hours in a week) I kept saying I'll do it tomorrow.  Well, when the IRS got to me the penalties and interest were 100% of the original tab (The amount was obscene, and I will leave it there).  I tried to make them realize that if I was to pay 100% of the penalties & interest my company may not make it.  The tax lady did not care, told me she could send me to jail for negligent management and made my life an inferno.  Well, after much suffering and losing most of my money I am still here running my business.  I don't have the same number of employees, don't have the high level clientele I had in the past (She harassed most of my major clients and place levies on all my invoices while I was trying to negotiate with the IRS…..pretty sneaky, ah?).  But Ill have to tell you,  I AM HAPPIER.   I have enough work/income to pay for my operating expenses, salaries and bonuses and I work around 20 hrs a week.  The IRS lady taught me a lesson (not by her design though!) and made me realize that I was spending way to much time doing mundane tasks. 

Nowadays, I have time to research some of my ideas, meditate at work, post in Noble Realms, etc...  Sporadically, I have to commit 100% of my time to a specific project but it is all worth it.  I also learned that money means nothing to me but a tool to obtain the goods my family needs to make it here on Earth.  Furthermore, I don't save much money for I spend it as it comes………….As if it was the last day of my life.  Kind of reminds me of one of Lyra’s quotes:

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... "Holy s*** ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous

By the way, I honestly wish the IRS lady a good life.   Sometimes I  wish I could find out why she attacked me so relentlessly and viciously.  It just did not make sense.  Maybe that was her cosmic purpose in my life…………….To make me realize what I was missing.  Perhaps so…….

Sorry to skip out for a bit sad , I had a busy couple of days. Tonight is late and I'm tired so this will be short. I'll be more thorough tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

I'm probably jumping ahead a little too far by suggesting a gifting society, theres a whole lot of other things we need to consider before we can even entertain such alternatives. In the WRH forum which is more along conspiracy lines the dialog over "what can we do?" is caught up between attacking the system to destroy it or abandoning it to let it collapse under its own internal pressure.

My viewpoint is that the system will collapse without our help. To meet the system's abuse with our own abuse just drags us down to their level and adds fuel to the fire rather than leading to change. There is no doubt the leaders of society are abusing their positions of power but they wouldn't be able to do that if we didn't let them. Replacing our leaders with new ones won't make any difference as long as we consent to being led.

To refuse to attack the system is not necessarily the same as doing nothing. Continuing life as normal and playing the role expected of us by socciety IS doing nothing and does support TPTB in their abuse. However deciding not to support the system and minimizing your contribution as much as possible will have a major impact if enough people do it. You can start without having to wait for group consensus.

Tomorrow I'll go into some detail about minimizing contribution. You don't need to head for the hills to places like Ocean Falls.

My situation is very different from most people, my going into the wilderness is more a spiritual quest than a revolt.

I agree with what has been suggested in the posts above that the coming changes are more about spiritual growth than about conspiracies. We need to be spiritual beings if we want to live spiritually robust lives. The current infrastructure of man creates so much noise and pollution it is almost impossible to hear our own spirits let alone those of others or of nature.

I left school & home when I was 14 and set out to explore the world. When I was 17 I was priviledged to get a job with the forest service in BC as a fire lookout man for a number of years. Each year I would spend several months by myself on top of a mountain.

No TV, no rat race, nothing much that needed doing, nothing to distract me from my own thoughts. This experience had a profound effect on my life and this kind of solitude (especially in nature) is something that everyone should experience. It made me realize how distracting and controlling our communities are. We simply don't have the room or the time to get to know ourselves let alone anyone else or to learn what a natural pace is.

Ever since then I have been totally at ease without entertainment, I don't get bored doing nothing. I enjoy people's company if there is meaningful dialog but also feel comfortable just walking away and being on my own if the interaction of the group is more social than meaningful.

Most people have no perspective on the quality of their lives, without being outside their environment for longer periods without distraction they just assume what is around them is normal.

Even though our ancestors lived more primitive lives they lived much more meaningful ones. Most only needed to work [?] for survival a few hours a week, the majority of their time was free to be used on activities that they desired.

Compare the working life of the average person today; work is quickly becoming a fulltime profession. Talk about slaves!!!! Are all the toys we possess today but don't have time to enjoy worth the price we pay in lost spirit?

For me the move into the wilderness is not out of fear of the NWO or because it is necessary for my survival. I am a highly productive individual and can easily have everything society has to offer. The elite have offered me a place in their midst.

I choose the wilderness because I do not believe we can develop our spiritual selves in the midst of society's distractions.

More tomorrow smile

opeteroo
Thank you for beginning this thread.  This is my first time posting.  The photos of your area are breathtaking.   I stumbled on noble realms forum by accident while spending time in bed nursing a bad cold and was so happy to find folks who share many of the same ideas I have.
I am moving toward much less dependency on the "system" and live in a remote area of southwest New Mexico.  Soon, I plan to sell this house and buy some land with a couple of friends.  Then I will be mortgage-free and a new world will begin for me.  The new challenge will be in building/obtaining a dwelling on the land which is very inexpensive so that I can avoid any debt.  So far I have looked at building with cob, earth bags or straw bales, all of which are suitable for this climate.  If I keep the place small enough, building codes will not affect me.  I might have to get a used trailer until I can get something built.  I just need to be ready for living with a lot less comfort.  There are some folks living not far from me who have built cob places and are living free from debt.  Unfortinately the land in this locale has gone very high in price and we are going to look a little further north where there are lower prices.
It would be great to hear from others out there who are on a similar path. 
It was a little surprising that in a thread called "walking the walk" there are not more posts from folks who are doing it.  Maybe I missed something here.

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi