Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2005-10-11 08:18:51

Doug

Anyone think our "yellow" sun is now a WHITE SUN?

I do believe that most of you are under the age of 35, so maybe you were too young to notice the change......

but, IMHO, around the year of 1992 give or take 2 years, our sun went from yellow to WHITE.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Interesting FACTS about temperatures & colors of stars...

Color: temp. example

Blue..........20,000-45,000F....Rigel
Blue-white....14,500-20,000F....Sirius
White.........11,000-14,500F....Polaris
Yellow-white..9,000-11,000F.....SUN
Orange........6,500-9,000F......Aldebaran
Red...........5,500-6,500F......Betelgeuse

(Source: An Instant Guide to Stars & Planets....Gramercy Books, NY Pub. 1992)

OUR SUN S (SO CALLED) TEMP. AS OF 1992:
10,800F

So, our so-called yellow-white sun is only 200F away from being a WHITE SUN.

All it would take is for our sun to go from 10,800 degrees F to 11,000 degrees (surface temp) to become a WHITE SUN.

at this time (2005) many scientists and accepted scientific institutions will tell you that the surface of the sun is 11,000.

11,000 degrees on the surface EQUALS WHITE SUN.

here is the first page of Yahoo with "Sun surface temperature 11,000" entered as the search:

Views of the Solar System: The Sun Open this result in new window
features statistics, information, images, and video.
Category: The Sun
www.solarviews.com/eng/sun.htm - 22k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block
Astronomy Lesson Open this result in new window
... The surface of the Sun is at a temperature of about 6000 degrees Celsius (11,000 deg ... to Sun s surface temperature of 6000 deg C (11,000 deg F). ...
astro.fmarion.edu/planet/Dooley/alsun.html - More from this site - Save - Block
On-Line SUN Quiz Open this result in new window
Interactive search of sun information and facts. ... The Internet Sun Quiz consists of ... temperature of 6,000C (11,000F). This layer has a mottled appearance due to the turbulent eruptions of energy at the surface ...
www.smv.org/jims/suntest2.htm - More from this site - Save - Block
What DO You Know About Our Sun? Open this result in new window
... The Sun is Earth s nearest star ... surface temperature of the Sun is 11,000 degrees F. The temperature at the center is 27 million degrees F. The Sun ...
www.kidseclipse.com/pages/a1b3c0d2.htm - 2k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block
The Sun Open this result in new window
... stars, including our Sun, are gigantic balls ... 20,000,000C, and the surface temperature averages 11,000F, or about 6,000C. The diameter of the Sun is ...
www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004432.html - 23k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block
Morehead Planetarium: The Sun Open this result in new window
... The Sun. Average distance from the Earth: 1 A.U ... Earth = 1. Surface temperature: 6,100 deg C (11,000 deg F) Core temperature: ...
www.unc.edu/depts/mhplanet/Universe/Sun.html - 8k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block
UNI-VR-SE: The Sun Open this result in new window
The Sun is the closest star to the earth. At 93,000,000 miles away from our planet, the sun is at an ideal distance to keep the planet warm enough without scortching it like Mercury or freezing it like Pluto. ... like Pluto. The Sun has a surface temperature of 11,000 degrees Fahrenheit and a core temperature of ...
mjvincent.home.comcast.net/interactive/vrml/universe/sun.html - More from this site - Save - Block
The Sun s Energy Open this result in new window
Heat and light. What is the source of the sun s energy? It s a crucial question, because light and heat from the sun are the basis of (almost) all life on earth. ... Surface temperature. We know that the sun is a sphere of ... is about 6,000 degrees Celsius (about 11,000 degrees Fahrenheit). Any surface at that temperature will generate heat ...
academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/physics/sobel/Nucphys/sun.html - 13k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block
Learn About the Sun Open this result in new window
SolarMax is a 40-minute IMAX documentary that tells the story of humankind s struggle to understand the sun. ... Diameter of the sun. About 865,000 miles. ( ... Surface temperature of sun. About 11,000 degrees fahrenheit. Core temperature of sun. About 27 million degrees ...
www.solarmovie.com/learn/educatorsguide/facts.html - More from this site - Save - Block
The Sun Open this result in new window
The sun is a ball of gases that are churning non-stop. Its size compares to other stars and has a surface temperature of 11,000 degrees F. The energy of the sun travels in rays at a speed of 186,000 miles per second.
www.students.i.csbsju.edu/ijflenner/sun.htm

11,000....white sun(?)!

Last edited by Doug (2005-10-11 08:19:33)

#2 2005-10-11 08:31:43

SednaSphere

Re: Anyone think our "yellow" sun is now a WHITE SUN?

I think I remember (I'm old enough!) that the sun seemed to be more yellow when I was a kid. Yes. But different places, different colors, as well. Could be the ozone. I guess, too, the sun is doing some things that it wasn't expected to at this time. It does seem to me from my subjective perception that it's not as yellow a light as it once was. So there could be something to this.

#3 2005-10-11 08:31:48

Jack Strat

i've been saying this for about twelve years. "sunlight is whiter than it used to be. it used to be yellow." nice to be validated.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine."
     Che Guevara

#4 2005-10-11 09:59:49

All2one

I don't remember the "yellow sun" , but i can say fo sure that it is much more white than yellow like in all the visual figuring that we know.

#5 2005-10-11 10:03:48

Aprogas
Slave

I think the surface temperature of the Sun has been a rather constant 5780 K, which indeed already puts it very close to white in the spectrum (and has been so for a long time as far as I know). I think scientists have long considered sunlight to be a source of good white light (as opposed to light with missing frequencies or a too high or too low peak). Any changes to the appearance of the Sun are in my opinion mostly caused by changes in the atmosphere. Perhaps the sky is being more hazy and less blue than it used to be; the contrast with the blue sky may have made the Sun seem more yellow. Another possibility is that the Sun only seems more yellow because it is always being depicted that way and thus you expect it to be yellow; memory often does not store details accurately and works alot with expectations (ask a police officer how reliable witnesses are, sometimes they swear the car the thieves got away in was red, while it actually was blue, for example).

So basically what I am saying is that the Sun has always been almost white, it is not different today. Any change in colour of the surface of the Sun would also mean a change in colour of the sunlight illuminating the Earth. I certainly don't remember the Earth seeming much more yellow before.

#6 2005-10-11 10:36:42

Jack Strat

my impression of sunlight in the 1950's seeming much yellower, although subjective, is unshakeable. the change is something i simply became aware of. also, 50 years ago, sunlight felt warm. now it feels like sandpaper, photonic abrasion.
it may be true that all of this is due to atmospheric changes.
yes, witnesses to any event usually have different perceptions, but it doesn't change the fact that something happened.
maybe i just like the idea that my personal observation is echoed by others.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine."
     Che Guevara

#7 2005-10-11 18:18:14

Mystical Girl

I have a friend who talks about this same thing - that the sun is a different color than it was when we were younger.  I tend to agree with that.   I wonder if it's a matter transitioning into 4th density?

#8 2005-10-11 18:48:24

Barefoot Doc

Interesting i have noticed that the sun is more yellow/orange in the winter when its stays low in the sky.

Aprogas wrote:

Another possibility is that the Sun only seems more yellow because it is always being depicted that way and thus you expect it to be yellow; memory often does not store details accurately and works alot with expectations (ask a police officer how reliable witnesses are, sometimes they swear the car the thieves got away in was red, while it actually was blue, for example).

Yes i think in my case the mental picture i have of the sun is more yellow than it has been in my life.

From http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/p … y00940.htm

Question -   I went to a workshop that stated the color of the sun is
white.  I was told that we see it in yellow-orange because of the way
light moves through the Earth's atmosphere.  On your web site, it states
the sun is yellow-orange.  Who is correct?  I have been teaching it is
white based on my workshop experience.  Thank you for clarifying!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The complication you are encountering is the difference between
"color" a sensory response and "spectral distribution" a physical
measurement. The "average" temperature of the Sun's surface is about 6000
C. and an object at that temperature would appear to be "white". However,
from the appended web site:
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/sun.htm
you see that there is a large variance in the temperature. To further
complicate matters, as we view the Sun from the surface of the Earth there
are obviously different colors depending upon atmospheric conditions.
Sunrise and sunset both make the Sun appear yellow, orange and/or red to
varying degrees. If an object were heated to 6000 C. in a room or furnace it
would appear "white hot". But in that case there would not be a blanket of
air to alter the "spectral distribution". The light from the Sun when spread
out by a prism breaks up into violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.
Even that does not include ultraviolet and infrared. So what color would the
"color" of the Sun be? It is all of them -- all at the same time -- but none
of them at once.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

#9 2005-10-11 19:19:22

impatiens

I too have noticed this about the sun. It used to have a warm, golden-yellow colour. It's only in recent years that I actually noticed that it's clear, white or colourless. Also looks "artificial" or "unnatural" to me due to this lack of colour. 

As a kid (late 50s, early 60s) I was often warned to not stare directly at or into it, which I sometimes tried wink

Strangely, I find it now easier to stare at, and for much longer periods of time.

Btw, recall this children's tune?

"Sun, Sun, Mister Golden Sun, hiding behind the trees.
Please come out so we can play with you..."

I don't know what the reason/s, but from my perspective it ain't golden anymore. Oh, and what I'm specifically referring to is typically around midday. Sunrises and sunsets seem to be same as before.

#10 2005-10-11 21:17:18

Doug

I knew, based on years of debating this in other forums, that many would come here and blame our atmosphere for the apparent color change.

It is much easier to grasp this possibility than the possibility of our sun actually changing color frequencies.

If this change is from a change in our atmosphere it is becuase men playing with their toys (HAARP) totally screwed up our planet.

BUT, the facts are that around 30 years ago scientists said the surface of the sun was about 10,000 degrees....about 10 years ago scientists said the surface of the sun was 10,800 degrees, and today scientists say the surface of the sun is 11,000 degrees.

So, science supports the idea that it is the sun that has change and not our atmosphere.

However, with today's guarded-truth-mode, you will not find a professional scientist that will actually say to you the sun is white...they do want to keep their jobs!

I do not think that our sun has to stay white forever though. I do entertain the possibility that it is a tempoary thing happening because of some temp. solar system anomaly like too much cosmic dust bombarding the sun, or even the famed Planet X.

thaks for all the responses, and thanks for noticing!

Last edited by Doug (2005-10-11 21:18:41)

#11 2005-10-11 22:02:08

Aprogas
Slave

Hail to the sun god
He's such a fun god
Ra! Ra! Ra!

#12 2005-10-11 22:14:09

lyra
Naked Emperor Pointer Outer
Website

Doug wrote:

I knew, based on years of debating this in other forums, that many would come here and blame our atmosphere for the apparent color change.

It is much easier to grasp this possibility than the possibility of our sun actually changing color frequencies.

Well personally, I don't see "many" here blaming our atmosphere as the culprit, I see a wide variety of answers / possibilities, (some of which I hadn't considered)  and pretty much an almost unanimous consensus agreement that the sun is indeed white now, not yellow.   

But ANYway, adding my 2 cents to the pot, it looks white to me as well, not yellow.   But I do remember it being a bit more yellow as a kid.

That led me to wonder as I read through the thread....can a sun change colors that quickly?   We're talking within 3 decades, tops, it changed from yellow-white to white.   Is that possible?

The more I think about it, I can't remember the last time I saw a "golden" sun really, except maybe as a kid, but even then, it really was more yellow-white, not yellow. 

Throwing in another one of "lyra's woo-woo stories" for kicks, I had a weird experience back when I lived in Florida where basically, I was spontaneously back in the 1500's, in the same area, South Florida.  I was sitting on a rock I think, next to a stream of some sort, during what appeared to be morning.  An Indian woman was sitting next to me.  The main point which relates to this thread is that one of the things I remember was that the sun / sky was different.  It was definitely WAY more golden yellow back then.   Less hot, less harsh than it is now.  Nowadays it wouldn't look like that. 

I don't know, take it with a grain of salt...

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

#13 2005-10-12 01:57:32

seeker

It still looks yellow to me... *shrug*

#14 2005-10-12 02:30:40

Jack Strat

...through jaundiced eyes.
i apologize for this. i mean nothing by it. it's not a statement about seeker.
i just couldn't resist!

Che Guevara

#15 2005-10-12 15:11:28

manyeagles

I noticed that the sun has appeared more whitish; more specifically the HUES of colors from the illumination of the sun has taken on a different look.  This has been observed for the past year or so. 

I visited Alaska during the summer one year and noticed that all the plants and especially flowers took on a much brighter show.  This same difference (more or less) seems to be happening now.  It's sort of like the difference between looking at an object with flourescent or halogen light vs a soft pink or yellow bulb.

The light (sunlight) did seem to me to be a lot more yellow as a youngster, especially in the fall months.  Just doesn't "look" the same recently.

If there is no time
      Then you have time for everything.
   You're never in a hurry.
That's true freedom.

Board footer