Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2005-10-04 18:51:05

whywhywhy
????????

Atoms: Lots of empty space!

As usual, I was getting bored and a picture of a an electron traveling around the neutron/proton just popped in my mind.   There is so much empty space between the nucleous and the moving electron!  To put it in perspective, for a Hydrogen atom if the electron was the size of a dime (or so) the nucleous will be about 1/4 mile away.    Basically,  matter (solid, liquid & gases) is mainly empty space.  The fact that the electrons are moving around the nucleous at tremendous speeds causes our eyes not to see the empty space for we cannot follow the electron as it travels around the nucleous.  It is almost like seeing the same electron in different places at the same time. 

If the motion of the electrons could be stopped (applying a certain amount of non-destructive energy: Magnetic, orgonic, etc....who knows!) then the object as we knew it will cease to exist.  It may turn out be invisible to the human eye or may look like a very faint fog (if that!).  It seems that if one could do this going through a concrete wall may be feasible.  The question would be,  what kind of energy one must apply to accomplish this feat and then, allow the matter to re-generate when the switch is turned off (back to a concrete wall).   This is definetely very possible!

#2 2005-10-04 21:28:44

Xenopope
Exegesis

Re: Atoms: Lots of empty space!

whywhywhy wrote:

Basically,  matter (solid, liquid & gases) is mainly empty space.  The fact that the electrons are moving around the nucleous at tremendous speeds causes our eyes not to see the empty space for we cannot follow the electron as it travels around the nucleous.  It is almost like seeing the same electron in different places at the same time.

Could it be that physical matter is really just an illusion like so many have said before? That it is here only because we make it that way?

I am as is Void.

#3 2005-10-05 09:27:54

Aprogas
Slave

I think modern science no longer regards electrons as little balls circling around the nucleus, but rather as a "quantum probality cloud". The main force stopping you from walking through walls is electromagnetic. The negative charged outer shells of one atom do not want to be close to the negative charged outer shells of another. If you can somehow remove the negative charge from the outer shells and put it into the nucleus (making both the shells and the nucleus neutral), you could move through a wall without too much trouble. That is, if you can maintain your form and shape, because atoms would no longer be repulsed to eachother inside your own body either (you'd have no support structure and gravity would pull you down). Now, if you'd be able to put all atoms into some sort of quantum state where their outer shells are neutral from the perspective of the wall, but charged from the perspective of yourself, you would not collapse. I don't know if quantum physics works that way though.

If you do find some way to maintain your shape and form, you would still lose a few atoms because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time (i.e. same place and time as a wall atom), but most of you will move through the empty space (not just between the nucleus and the outer shells, but also between atoms). This leads to a different angle though, that instead of playing with electromagnetics to prevent atoms from repulsing eachother, you could play with time to make that wall and yourself not be at the same place and time. But if you could do that, you might just as well instantly change your location to the other side of the wall, instead of traversing all the possible locations in between.

And that leads to a side note: I wonder how the human mind handles perceiving teleportation, the mind might not be able to understand it and make up things to make it seem like to object moved instead of teleported. I remember as a child I tried to imagine myself teleporting, but I could not do it; all I could imagine was moving really really fast to another location, but not disappearing in one and reappearing in another (I still cannot imagine teleportation, just moving fast).

#4 2005-10-05 11:56:18

All2one

So eventually for this matter dissolution you need to balance the negative and the positive....
Sounds familiar... smile

#5 2005-10-05 14:05:14

whywhywhy
????????

Aprogas wrote:

The main force stopping you from walking through walls is electromagnetic.

Interesting ideas Aprogas.  I was thinking more so in terms of energy application.  Everything is energy.  Apply energy to the wall and make it something else (a cloud of non-lethat gases or something along that line) leaving electrons as they are orbiting the nucleous.  All the energy application is doing is reducing the number of electrons in the original atoms making up the wall.  Basically, transforming a particular atom into a much lighter atom.  Heck, this is doable!  For instance, I can use a laser and burned a whole in the wall.  The problem is removing  the applied energy and returning the wall to the original condition.

I know some of you are probably thinking, what point is Lee trying to make?  Well, I would like to think that the human brain is capable of doing things that may be considered impossible due to our present condition (beliefs, education, etc...).  I am inclined to believe (this is gut feeling right now.......no actual data) that one could transform the wall into another type of matter, pass thru, and return the wall to the original form using pure brain power.  But how do we trigger this power?

#6 2005-10-11 10:26:40

Aprogas
Slave

To be very honest, I don't think walking through walls is that practical. The door and corridor have already been invented and it's not that bad to walk a few meters extra. If people suddenly start walking through walls the privacy of your home, the safety of a bank vault, the prisons to lock away those unwanted by society, etc. would become meaningless. Consider the implications on society of changing something that has had a big role in shaping that society. Since the first settlements, people have built walls to keep out what they don't like.

I think they are more useful things to do with your mental (psychic) and spiritual (pneumatic) powers.

#7 2005-10-11 14:09:49

whywhywhy
????????

Aprogas wrote:

To be very honest, I don't think walking through walls is that practical. The door and corridor have already been invented and it's not that bad to walk a few meters extra.

It is not about walking thru walls but the idea of our inner self being able to control the atom.  He who controls the atom can go to places.  Perhaps that is what people do when the experience OBE.

#8 2007-08-06 03:56:46

ape-x
uncooperative slave

Hmm.... never spotted this thread 'til the other day.

I like to use this illustration when trying to convey a more 'spiritual' way of seeing reality. They keep finding smaller and smaller "basics" of matter, quarks, nanoquarks, etc.  My only logical conclusion is that the atom itself is nothing.

And a very dynamic nothing, it's useful to point that out to materially- minded types, that nothing "solid" is static.

A simple approach, but it has worked well a number of times, and seems to leave certain people's minds more open to other esoteric concepts.                J

Happy to have been a part

Board footer