Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2004-05-10 07:08:39

BlackBox

Mantras and the Opera

I thought it would be useful to post up a thread in regards to mantras. Anyone who has some good input on how it works, the reasons for the effects, and the technology that it implies are built-in within humans, please go wild. I assume that the "humms" connect with or have the ability to connect with the pituitary gland.

I have some interest also in Opera singers. I wonder if they experience or notice effects, mentally and/or physically, from prolonged singing. The movie, the 5th Element, made me think of this as I switched over from the movie "Little Women". Both playing simultaneously on an opera scene. While the latter didn't make me think these thoughts, the 5th Element had a alien-woman whom biologically had sophisticated vocal-chords that made me wonder...obviously not literally, but alas it still makes me very interested. And I often connect interest with intuition.

I think this is all very important to the study of sound-wave focusing. We don't necessarily need technology to amplify our innate abilities like that of the movie "Dune" (Weiding Way). Or maybe we do. But I still think we have much that is still right under our noses.

Eastern-people (oriental/asian) have successfully kept larger fragments of first-civilization technology intact to this day. The native-americans and aboriginals of the world can't say the same. All they (latter) have kept are the decayed teachings that have deteriorated with every passing generation. Facts turn into myths within 400 years. Yet the easterners not only have kept Qigong alive but also mantras and the use of meditation via sound through our vocal cords. I think anything that can be rooted from ancient times is vitally important for restoring first-civilization technologies.

#2 2004-05-10 20:44:39

manyeagles

Re: Mantras and the Opera

Black Box, thank you for the interesting post, most intriguing.

On a somewhat parallel note, this reminded me of a song on an aboriginal CD purchased sometime this past year.  The name of the CD is "The Rough Guide  Australian Aboriginal Music"-Specifically Song #5-Wongga Initiation Song by Rimijmara.  It is produced by World Music Network (1999) made in Great Britain.

I am retrieving it now to make sure I have the song number correct, but lo and behold the CD is gone!  Hope it's not all melted in my sister's car (she borrowed it last). 

After listening to it for a few times, it seemingly duplicated the sequential process one experiences with OBE (only with sound).

If you have a Boarders bookstore, they have a section where you can listen to the CD before buying it. This song made all the hairs on my arms stand on end!

If there is no time
      Then you have time for everything.
   You're never in a hurry.
That's true freedom.

#3 2004-05-10 21:29:00

phlux
Infininja
Website

I am interested in the multi-chord voice. The tibettans and mongol peoples would use the multi-chord voice in ancient mantras and song.

In "Life and Teaching of The Masters of The Far East" by Baird T Spalding he talks of the use of sound to levitate large boulders with people on top of them (elevators) up high cliffs to temple entrances.

This method is also supposedly behind what enabled the building of the Coral Castle in Florida - and quite logically the pyramids of many civilizations.

It is supposedly based on a great understanding of the Solfeggio, which is a series of frequencies with mystical prperties.

---

When I am driving in my daily commute I tend to chant/ohm in search of the mutli-chord voice. I think I am discovering success to a degree in that I can now produce multi-tonal sounds with a low vibration and a very high secondary ringing on top of the sound. It takes a lot of lung to do so - so I can only do it for a short time, and it takes me a couple of tries to get the tone out...

I have recorded the tones on my voicemail in order to see if the high pitch sound was merely an artifact of being in a confined space of the car - but the tones do show up on recordings I have made.

My next step is to record them in Sound Forge or Audacity to see if I can determine the frequencies in Hertz that specific sounds and tone are in to see where they relate to the Solfeggio tones.

I have yet to do this though....

---

Some things I love about this:

- The Metaphores of "Vibrational Nature of Reality"
- The fact that one "ATONES"
       1. To make amends, as for a sin or fault (which is like
           harmonizing the frequency of the quality of consciousness
           affected by ones actions)
- "In the beginning the was the Word"
- God spoke in a Sound Voice

and many other corelations between sound and existence

"It's hard to advance freedom in a country that has been strangled by tyranny." - G.W. Bush 04/13/2004

#4 2004-05-10 23:04:22

BlackBox

phlux,

The link was EXTREMELY helpful. I've read on this stuff before but I'm more interested in converting these sessions into brain-wave entrainment technologies.

I'm working with a couple companies in these regards and being able to simulate these enormously high frequencies via software may lead to equivalent discoveries in medical application.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help.

Manyeagles, I'll be sure to research where I can get a copy and get my hairs-standing up also. smile

#5 2004-05-11 05:18:52

montalk
forum-keeper-upper
Website

http://khoomei.com/

This website is all about the various types of dual tone singing, shows examples, gives history, etc...

I have experimented with khoomei, which is basically singing ewwwwwwwwwww while changing the placement of the tongue and shape of the lips to accent various ringing sounds normally present in voice but indiscernable when all the other components of the sound are equally as loud. The resulting ringing is a pure sine wave, very powerful. You can turn yourself into a human tuning fork. Depending on how you do it, you can create many of the major musical intervals, 1:2, 2:3, 3:4, 2:5, etc...

According to eastern beliefs, this singing style can invoke certain deities. In the Ra material I recall mention that certain words or names, when pronounced with intent, call the attention of certain astral intelligences whose frequency signature matches it. It's like a transdimensional beeper. Once I did some khoomei singing in the apartment, and it must have done something interesting because the cat jumped on the kitchen table and calmly but entrancedly stared at a spot near the top of the wall for an hour. Maybe I opened a portal...  Whatever the case, I find chanting or overtone singing (khoomei) to be fun and relaxing. I have strange dreams if I do it before falling asleep.

In Bringers of the Dawn there is mention of singing or "toning". You can read it in chapter eighteen at:

http://www.universe-people.com/bringers.htm

Here's an excerpt:

Bringers of the Dawn wrote:

Sound is another way to carry information because it is part of light. To you it may seem that sound and light are two separate things, because from your point of view you perceive light with your eyes and sound with your ears. Because you use two separate areas of perception on your body, it seems that sound and light are separated as well. In actuality, they are very connected. They wind themselves around one another because they both carry information.

Many of the structures built on this planet, particularly ancient sacred sites, have information stored within stone. In the same way, you have information stored within the bones of your skeletal form. When you allow sound to move through you, it unlocks a doorway and allows information to flood into your body. It also penetrates the ground, affecting the vibrations of Earth and allowing a rearrangement of a molecular alignment of information to take place. Those of you who use sound when you are working on others' bodies bring about a rearrangement of the molecular structure and create an opening for information to flood in. This kind of work will become more and more profound.

[...]

Sound is a tool for transformation. Keepers of Frequency, which is what we are encouraging you to become, learn how to modulate the frequency they hold through sound. Sound can penetrate any substance, move molecules, and rearrange realities.

In ancient Egypt, the ankh, or symbol that represented life, in actuality was a frequency modulator. It was utilized by individuals who were masters of keeping frequencies and able to do many things with those frequencies. The ankh is similar to a tuning fork and can direct sound. That is how it was used a long time ago. Before you will be able to experience using sound in the manner of the ancient Egyptians, you will have to demonstrate your integrity. You will have to pass an initiation or a testing to see whether you can be trusted with this kind of power. This planet is not ripe for this kind of energy simply to be thrust into anyone's hands. If you were capable of this kind of work at this time, your life would not be safe because there would be too many who would want to misuse your gift. You will be given abilities as you can best mature into them.

You can begin to work with sound by allowing it to "play" your body. Get yourself centered, clear your mind, and allow tones to come through you. The ancient mystery schools worked with sound in this manner, and it is a very powerful technique when done in a group. Many years down the road, but within this decade, you will amaze yourselves with what you will perceive as the results of your cooperative sounds or symphonies of consciousness playing themselves. When you tone together, you will be shown what you can do without even knowing you can do it. You will learn how to use and cultivate this kind of energy to make your own ankh. When you buy a child clay, the child at first doesn't know how to make many things, so you make little balls and spaghettis for the child so he or she can see the potential within the clay. Then the child, after playing with the clay for awhile, discovers his or her own sense of creativity with form.

The creative form of sound is shown to you first as a potential. You are led and orchestrated through the use of this sound. Eventually, you will discover on your own some of the things that sound can achieve. Then you will become more daring, and you will learn what sound can create. Energies are introduced this way to make certain there is not a misuse of them and that you don't overextend yourself or overdo out of enthusiasm.

You will go very far with your use of sound after working with it for awhile. It is like a powerful tool being given to an infant. Without proper awareness, you could do things and not realize the ramifications of what you are doing. Think about what sound does in stadiums and auditoriums. The cheering or booing of a crowd creates an ambience. When groups of you make sound together, you create an ambience for yourselves. You allow certain energies to play the instrument of your bodies. You let go of preconceived ideas and allow different melodies and energies to use your physical bodies as opportunities to represent themselves on the planet. In actuality, what you experience is the life force of energies that you allow to express through your own selves. You become channels. Just as our vehicle allows us to come into your reality through her body, you allow a vibration to come onto the planet in its full glory through your bodies and your joint cooperation. You birth something. You create an opportunity, and an energy takes advantage of that opportunity.

That part about Mystery schools using tones is interesting because I remember reading elsewhere that ancient Egyptian priests chanted vowels in a way as to sound like musical instruments instead of human voices. Overtone singing certainly does this.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

#6 2004-05-13 20:27:39

notintime

The european hermetic tradition uses sound as well; the notes of the western diatonic (C, D, E, F, G, and so on) each have their properties, correspondences, etc. and can be used for evocation, invocation, or any other ritual operation. 
     As a hurried explanation for those who haven't swam in that hodgepodge sea of associations it (european hermeticism) can be viewed as teaching that all of reality can be reduced to a tenfold classification, represented visually by a diagram of ten spheres connected by twenty-two paths, and that this representation is a powerful tool for the purposeful expansion and integration of consciousness.  Modern historians trace the appearance of this diagram, known as the qabbalah (or kabbalah or cabala), as far back as prechristian jewish tribes.
     For example, E natural is associated with the tarot card the magician, the god mercury, the dichotomy of life & death, the mode of consciousness known as transparent intelligence (letting the light of higher consciousness shine through), the direction of above (in 3d), the power of conscious thought, the sciences, and many more.  The qabbalistic position would be that all of these correspondences are inescapably rooted together, that any one correspondence is a single facet of a multi-dimensional 'diamond' that can only be realized as the synthesis of these seemingly separate concepts, which in turn is only a single 'facet' of the tenfold 'diamond' that is all of existence.  Ergo, getting to know the vibration of e natural would in turn help one cultivate any or all of the aforementioned qualities in his/her self.
      Montalk's post and links on cymatics and the geometry of molecular structures all tie into hermeticism fascinatingly well, btw.  It wasn't my intention to gush about the wonders of this particular mysticism but it's too late to stop now, so, in summation, hermetics progress to knowledge of absolute reality through apprehension and synthesis of its apparent parts, which were never really separate in the first place.  Apologies for any error in the above; i'm no adept and the correspondences for e natural are from my own rusty memory.

#7 2007-08-10 21:26:16

scalaradii
terran

SamIAm wrote:

Who here does mantras?  What ones have you felt really energized you, and make you feel good?

I create some out of syllables and vowels for specific effects. Some of the formal ones I've picked up from yoga practitioners and philosophers. Some vowels I use with colors. Recently, I've picked up some work from the web of a woman that did some research into the archetypes of consonants.She was working on a software project and found that one-syllable words had a similar pattern in meaning, even curse words. It's called phonosemantics or sound meaning. I think her name was Margaret Magnus and her book is Gods of the Word. There are interesting effects combining certain consonants with certain vowels.

There are lots of ways to work with sound. Some teachings attach colors to vowels. There are Sanskrit dictionaries on the Web. Some of the sounds in Sanskrit are quite evocative.

Sacred is the prayer that asks for nothing.
Seeking to give thanks for every breath we take.
Blessed are we inside this prayer
For in the New World we will be there
The only Love there is
Is the Love we make.
---- Prince

#8 2007-08-10 22:31:57

Millenium

Here are some sound exercises from a workshop I gave last year called Holiday Chakra Tune Up The Sound Way.  (You don't have to om alone this Christmas.)
Toning is easy to learn.  I use seven vowel sounds, each are corresponding to a chakra.  When creating the vowel sound it is good to be able to imagine the specific chakra and the color acutually resonating with the sound.
                       location           color            vowel             purpose
Root chakra - base of spine -   red -          uh(as in foot)    grounding
sacral            lower abdoman   orange      oo(as in food)    calming
solar plexus                            yellow       oh                     self confidence
heart chakra                           green        ah                     centering
throat                                     blue          eh                     self expression
brow                                      indio          ee                     energize
crown                                    violet       mmm                   balance

Morning wakeup. "uh-ah-ee-mm" To balance and energize
Before bedtime.  " mm-ee-ah-uu

Bija mantras:
KRIM (pronounced as kreem) stimulates and transforms the lower chakras, awakening and purifying the body.
SHRIM (pronounced shreem) is associated with the head and the third eye and, while promoting. health can be used to flood the senses with delight and beauty.
HRIM( you get the idea) holds creativity and and healing powers.
HUM ("hoom") destroys negativity.
OM is the most renowned and expansive of the bija mantras.  It is the mantra of assent and the form of creation, causing energy to surge upward and outward.

It is fairly unlikely that the application of therepeutic vocal sound will cure any disease or remove mental health problems.  What it can do at the physical level is alleviate or even dispel stress and symptoms of various ailments. It can also stimulate the glandular system, calm the nervous system and release energy blockages.

But you know what they say, "liqour is quicker".  just kidding.

Board footer