1 (edited by BlackBox 2004-05-04 23:04:11)

Topic: Qigong

I am very excited today. I finally gave myself enough motivation to truly give these Qigong techniques I'm learning a chance. And my god, the energy it has given me... My sister said when she touched my hands that I was almost electrical...

I truly advise others to approach Qigong. I feel amazing and I want all you special people to do also. I could even describe the techniques if some of you dont have the time to check it out. It would be my pleasure.

Re: Qigong

I'm game!

Please, BB, describe the Qigong techniques. I believe I'd like to feel amazing too! This is the first I've heard of this. Would you refer me to a website for more info in the meantime?

Lightly read this:
http://www.egreenway.com/taichichuan/esb.htm

I do the "Pal Dan Gum" strand of Qigong.

When reading, please note that the MOST IMPORTANT and essential key in regards to Qigong being effective is inhaling and exhaling from the stomache (rather than the chest).

When you look at your hands sometimes, do you notice white spots here and there? As if the blood goes around these little bubbles of energy. Well that's a good example of "chi" (qi). What really excited me was that when I truly practiced the techniques, I looked at my hands and the amount of white-spots were apparent tenfold.

Read the site and let me know if you guys need anymore detail. Keep in mind that I'm vouching heavily on this stuff and the results are truly beneficial. The funny thing is, the stances and moves are very simple. Dont let the site or anyone ever tell you its complicated, because its not.

Do you practice this everyday? And for how long?

" Then it was, then again it will be. And though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea." Robert Plant

I've just started thook, because I have a tense-heartbeat which comes from heriditary roots. Seems most of the people in my family (or many middle-easterns perhaps) is that we have kidney deficiencies etc...but the funny thing is an effect of having the deficiency is being hesitant to really motivate ourselves...procrastination smile

Now it's about 8 different techniques in the entire routine. It takes me about 20 minutes a day, but that's because I'm learning the steps. Once you learn and have memorized are doing it properly, it takes about 6-10 minutes. If you do it right when you wake up, boy what a energy boost for the day. You're supposed to do it in the evening too if you can, but not too close to your bedtime because it makes it difficult to sleep... smile

Once you learn the techniques, you should never miss 2 days in a row, but I'm sure it's not a big deal because if it's better to do it once a week than none... hehe

Maybe look into celtic salts for that deficiency. Dunno for sure, but I know many if not most have a deficiency in electrolytes and tissue salts supposedly affecting those organs specifically. Procrastination- part of the programming for sure. Virgo- haven't but I'm gonna. Also, being grounded as I recall has an affect on the kidneys and feeling "safe", which in turn in my experience affects relaxation level, consequently heart health. I remember when I was a kid I had no problem with motivation. I was all about get up and go. Then the less I felt safe, the more trouble I had being motivated, excited to do things, no matter what it was. Gotta go now, but more later as this is a current issue with me as well, as it seems also for alot of others. Hmmm!

" Then it was, then again it will be. And though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea." Robert Plant

Thook, I get really encouraged and excited when someone writes the way you do. Because you are speaking for not just yourself man, you're speaking for many many others.

Kudos and Namaste smile

I just realized that link may be really hard for newbies to start with. I'll try to find illustrations as given in my book.

10 (edited by abraham1 2004-05-09 11:56:46)

What book is it that you have? I'd like to know if I can get it at the library. And the sight doesn't distinguish what is Pal Dan Gum and what isn't. Could you add some input on that? I know you are involved in some of the other topics, but if you have a moment. And thank you for the kudos and namaste. If we aren't here for each other, what the hell are we here for? wink By the way I also post as Thook when at my hacienda.

Thanks for clearing up that abraham = thook. smile

Pal Dan Gum is composed of 8 movements. Well, actually 9 because the 5th movement is basically 2-in-1.

The book I got was by Stanley D. Wilson.

The movements are very simple. But take practice. I'm on my 5th day now and I think I have the entire process completely memorized. It's sometimes hard to keep myself motivated, but I guess sometimes you have to force yourself, which is usually labelled as "discipline" smile

I'm still looking for sites that give illustrations, but no luck yet.

The first movement goes from hands crossed together to stretching your arms above your head (elbows straight) while stepping on your toes. Inhaling during the stretches and completely exhaling in the starting-position are vital in the whole process. I sweat more than I initially expected from these movements.

The last movement is very simple. All you do is put your hands on your sides (thighs) and inhale when you stand up on your toes. This is obviously the easiest one.

The 7th movement is inhaling with fists held up by your chest with an angry gaze in facial expression, and then you punch (with force) with both hands (1) to the left, (2) straight ahead, and (3) to the right. Exhaling while punching is the main purpose of this movement so that you exert the negative energy vibrations.

I have a hard time explaining the movements inbetween but I'll reflect and see what I can do. Pal Dan Gum is very effective yet very simple with illustrations. It just takes patience and a little dedication.